True fact - I love talking on the phone. I miss it. I used to spend hours talking on the phone when I was a teenager, much to the dismay of my parents and their "10 minutes" rule. In university, I loved talking on the phone and often falling asleep talking on the phone. There's just something so special about it. Hearing someone's voice and the inflections and the heart behind their words. It's so much easier to convey a message than texting or chatting. There's way less confusion and misunderstanding if you can just speak from the heart, without using emoticons.
As a stay at home mom, nothing brightens my day like a phone call. It can even be a quick one! Just a call to or from another adult - someone that I can quickly chat and connect with, have a little laugh or encouragement and then I can continue on my day of wiping mouths and bums, cleaning up the unending messes and reading the thousands of stories. It's just so great to know that someone was thinking of you enough just to call and say "Hey. You matter to me."
Now, that being said, I don't like talking on my iphone. I can't nicely tuck it into my ear/shoulder area. It always seems to have a weird echo and it cuts in and out like a speaker phone. I say bring back old school cordless phones, which of course, we got rid of. We don't even have a landline - just cell phones. Plus, most of my friends have admitted that they don't like talking on the phone at all. Am I alone in my love for talking on the phone??
Not Alone!! I too am a phone person. I am lucky I have friends who live further away and we have phone dates. James wants to get rid of our home phone but call me "old fashioned" I love it, I love the way it fits between my shoulders and ear.
ReplyDeleteKim