I know it's time to update. It's been time for quite some time. But I really just don't have time!
I'm sitting here eating the same breakfast I always do, enjoying a few minutes of peaceful surfing before the chaos starts. Once I start getting ready, C will wake up. Then I will wake Chris up. Then we will all just be running around trying to get ready in too short a time. There's never enough time in the morning.
Last night, my head would not shut off. We looked at a different house - an old house - that would need insane amounts of fixing up, but the potential is incredible and exciting... but do we really want to take that on? Do we really want to live in a construction zone of a house? But the potential, oh the potential. It's such a draw... We love taking the ugly and making it beautiful. But for now, we wait and see what kind of magic numbers my father-in-law can draw. It would need to be a magic number too, because we would need $25,000 - $50,000 to fix this baby up. We're not talking surface changes like in the past. We're talking complete overhaul, gutting bathrooms and the kitchen, removing ugly carpet (from the WALLS!), and taking down sheet after sheet of faux wood panellling.
Alot of the changes would not happen overnight. But I said that right away we would need to tear down and rebuild a safe, not rotted, deck, replace the shingles, replace all the windows and doors, and change the banisters for the stairs. (They gaps are so big in the railing, Chels could easily fall through. This alone almost gave me a heart attack while we were looking at the house.)
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. As I said, the numbers would have to be magical. God would truly have to intervene for our number to be accepted, but last night, my mind was racing with changes that we could make.
But, my breakfast is done, so I can no longer waste time sitting here blogging. Have a great day!
overhauling a house is such a huge project, or a bunch of projects, but the end result is superb!
ReplyDeletecarpet on the walls... don't i know abuot that!!!
Is the house still in town or are you thinking country? When we decided to buy we felt we didn't have the time to fix up an older house so building was a better option - but my husband wanted an established yard so building was out of the question. The Lord blessed us with this place. We replaced everything from inside out (walls stayed where they were) but just love the place we are. Hope the numbers work out for you!
ReplyDeleteooohhh - sounds exciting! Is the house online?
ReplyDelete