Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A quick trip to Superstore.

Who would have thought I'd find inspiration to blog at Superstore?

It just made me laugh because I just needed to buy a quick three things (I don't even remember what they were), but the lady behind me in line also needed to buy a quick few things.

In her cart was:
- a large box of instant white rice
- a huge bag of white flour
- a huge bag of brown sugar
- a huge bag of white sugar
- a 10 pound bag of potatoes
- a box of Coke

Now, it's not that there's anything wrong with any of these items. It just made me laugh because every single item in her cart is banned from my diet forever. Oh, how things change.

I hit a big milestone the other day. I have officially lost over 40 pounds. It did reach 44 pounds this week with me having the flu, but now I'm back to 41.5 pounds. I'm happy with that. I still have a ways to go, but I'm really happy so far with how I feel (and look!)

With losing weight, I've really held off on buying new clothes, because I know they won't fit nicely for long. Sure, I've bought a few things here and there, but nothing really. I've dug out some older clothes from like 6-7 years ago that I had shoved up into my closet, and I've done some altering of clothes that I own.

However, I was still wearing my pregnancy underwear. It was so big and baggy and saggy, it was embarrassing. I'm proud to say I've thrown all of it out and have bought new underwear! Hooray for me and my butt.

3 comments :

  1. congrats amanda, saw you in church this morning and i must say... smokin'... looking good!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story - you have made some positive changes in your life and good for you. Now, if only I could make some permanent changes in mine!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete