Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Growin' up GP style... Part 2.

That's right. I own this. Many many moons ago, my mom thought it was important that I own a snowmobile jacket. It was a nice thought, if I ever snowmobiled. But I didn't and still don't. I'm not a winter sports kinda girl. If, and again I say, if I was the kind of girl who snowmobiled, I am NOT the kind of girl who wears a snowmobile jacket.



But yet, here I am wearing this jacket for a photo and posting that photo on the internet. See, this jacket (and the matching skipants) haven't fit for about 6 years. I've held onto it because my husband will wear it on occassion, if he goes snow mobiling. But today, while unpacking the winter clothes, the black and white checks called my name, begging to be worn once again. And so I did and posted about it for your enjoyment.



Ah yes. Growing up GP style.

8 comments :

  1. It's the BEST feeling when you can fit into (or drown in) clothes you have not fit into for years! Yeah! Enjoy the 'fruits of your labour'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That other Jennifer threw me off. I was confused for a sec. Then I realized it wasn't me. lol

    Anyways, I just want to say that it's pretty cool that jacket fits you again, and that I LOVED LOVED LOVED my yellow jacket. It's only because it's been worn out that I've replaced it with something that I... like. (Note: no three capital "loved"s in there.) So are you still keeping your jacket? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - oh Heather - don't worry. I'll let you borrow it anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good Amanda...man...growing up Winkler style was so boring!! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, you never mentioned the suit was also the warmest clothing going I could buy for you, whether you skidooed or not. I see you smiling in the picture. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i please borrow this...lookin' hot amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. My husband owns a jacket like this, and he would love to buy one for me. We do go snowmobiling and I still refuse to wear something like that.

    ReplyDelete