Good, busy weekend after a yucky, sick week. I stayed home from work on Monday with Chelsea because she still was not well. Tuesday and Wednesday I went to work and then Thursday, I wound up staying home with the same gross bug that Chelsea had.
Friday was a professional development day. Instead of going to the general motivational speaker, I chose to take in the technology sessions. They were great and I really enjoyed my day, when usually I find the PD sessions kind of... well boring. I had a great day and then we dropped Chelsea off grandma's for a night, and we went into the city. We had fun shopping and then going to Mongo's Grill for a late supper. We bought another 100lb bag of icing sugar, a ton of supplies at Michael's, a few outfits for baby boy, and a CUTE dress for Chelsea. I found some pants and answered many questions about how large I am, how I'm sure it's not twins, and yes, my due date is correct. Fun times.
Saturday, we took advantage of Chelsea being at Grandma's and we went out for breakfast just the two of us, then we picked up our girl, put her down for a nap and I headed off to school. I did all the marking that I had, but still didn't start report cards. Sigh. I hate report cards, but no where near as much as I hate parent-teacher interviews, and those are looming just around the corner. Yuck. Anyways, then we went out for a hectic, crazy supper with friends - BP is not a good choice when you have young kids. It just takes far too long.
Today, we headed to church, then I went to a Norwex party with my favourite Norwex consultant, and then out for another yummy supper with friends. This time, we went with the DiFrans for some yummy Chinese and then we all came back here to hang out, and be rockstars. It was good times. Now that I've wasted some time blogging, my goal is to crank out some report cards and then have an early bedtime.
Wow! Busy weekend!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend...nothing better than spending some time with your hubby, and hanging out with friends :) Glad you are all finally feeling better!
ReplyDeleteMongo's Grill is so awesome! It's my new fave for when we go to the city. Now I'm craving it :)
ReplyDeleteI feel for you with the twins comments etc. I get asked about it so much that I'm thinking I ought to get a shirt made to let ppl know so I don't have to hear it all the time. I understand where they're coming from cos yes, I'm huge - but it doesn't make me feel great to have constant comments on it!
BTW - I love you baby bump, it looks great!
Hearing from a teachers point of view how much effort parent-teacher interviews are, I'll be kind the next time I go to mine. I'll bring a Timmies for the teacher. Maybe if more people made an effort and be kind, then it might make it more bearable.
ReplyDelete