to this little peanut...


The latest two photos are from our photoshoot session on Saturday taken by Kristel Bueckert Photography. I'm excited to see the rest.
Chelsea, I love you so much. Thank you for all you've taught me over the past two years. You are such an amazing little girl. Every day I'm overwhelmed with love for you and I constantly want to kiss and hug you, even though you get annoyed. I love listening to you talk and talk and talk. You have such a large vocabulary and are able to tell us what how you are feeling and what you want. You always want to be outside and will bring me your boots, splash pants, jacket, mitts and hat. You love jumping in puddles and you love being in charge of Maggie.
Every night, your bedtime routine consists of reading the same 4 books, "The Pop Book", "The Foot Book", "Little Quack" and "Baby Sleeps." It's always these same 4 books and you know exactly which order you want them read in. You love sleeping in your big girl bed, cuddled with your 2 quilts and many stuffed animals, as long as you have a soother and one to spare. You sleep well; most nights you don't wake up at all. When you do wake up in the morning, you request daddy and the two of you come downstairs and cuddle on the couch in your jammies.
You love colouring and know most of your colours, but you often get green and yellow, purple and blue confused. You can count to 13 all by yourself. You know all sorts of shapes including odd ones like semi-circle, diamond, and oval. You are such a little smartie pants.
With all of this sweetness comes a stubborn side as well. You are quick to anger and when you don't get your way, a tantrum is likely to happen. You have been know to say words like "Go away, Mommy!" and "Leave me alone" in addition to "Don't!" "No!" and "Stop!" We're working on this side of your personality as we try to teach patience. You often respond by saying, "I like patience!" If only that were true, Little One.
I could keep going and going, but I'll stop for now. I love you baby girl. I pray for the best year for you. Love you pumpkin! Happy birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY C!! What a great post for Chelsea. And very very sweet pictures too!
ReplyDeleteAwww - what an awesome tribute!
ReplyDeleteIt's insane to look at the two pictures side by side - she's grown and changed SO much!
Happy birthday, Chelsea!!
Love it.
ReplyDeleteI forgot how dark her hair was when she was born...what a change!
That last photo is absolutely gorgeous. I love her dress and she looks so sweet. What a cutie
ReplyDeleteHuh... for some reason I did not put the 2 together and now I realize Chelsea is younger than Kenna! Well then, happy birthday Chelsea! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't know if this will work - in the recent pictures Chelsea looks so grownup. - Kim
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful smart little girl. She has a wonderful Mommy and Daddy. Only one problem I don't see her enough. But won't be long before I came and visit.
ReplyDelete