Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Potty Party

I've been off for a week and I love it. It's been great. Spending extra time with Chelsea has been fun, but I can't believe how tired I am! I'm waiting for Chelsea's naptime every day just so I can sleep!

As for potty training, I have taken a very laid back approach. I realize that Chelsea's world is going to change dramatically when the baby comes, so I don't want pressure her too much. She's been known to say things like "I like diapers" and "I don't like the potty" so I'm not going to force her too much.

The other day, she went pee once on the potty and was rewarded with a gummy worm. But after that, insisted she wanted a diaper, so she wore a diaper.

Today, every time she wet her diaper, she'd take it off, so I started asking her if she wanted to go on the potty. She'd try and nothing - fine, no biggie. Then at lunch she asked if she could go on the big potty and she DID - let's just say #1 and #2! We were VERY excited! After this, she kept asking a bunch of questions about people we know, asking if they wore underwear or diapers. I think she's cluing in that diapers are not the way to go. She went pee again on the potty later and this time, shared some of her gummy worms with the girls next door. She was very happy.

I know this may all be too much information, but it's been my life for the past few days! So hey, I hope you are enjoying some of the sunshine and getting excited about something of your own - whether it's a potty party or something a tad more interesting.



4 comments :

  1. Awww.... she's growing up so fast!! Good for her, and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I tell you about how smart she is, she is figuring things out Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great that she's figuring it out. Isn't it funny how we read these things on other peoples blogs and it seems totally normal. The life of a mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! As a parent, we rejoice over everything our kids learn, and besides walking, I think going potty is pretty high on the list. :)
    When Nicholas was finally done, clean for more than a week, we had a Spiderman party. His choice of character. For him, it was like a second birthday party, he loved it. And still talks about it too.

    ReplyDelete