Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

To do



I didn't realize it had been so long since I blogged! I guess I've been pretty busy making cakes and playing with Chelsea (and the neighbours!) We've built a fence over the past few weekends and it will make life so much easier. (I'll post pictures tomorrow). I can let C play outside by herself for a few minutes without worrying that she is going to run across the street. This weekend was gorgeous, so we were outside pretty much every minute. I painted my plant pots, and started weeding my flower garden. I'm pretty sure my neighbour felt sorry for me, because she soon came over and took over the weeding and edging of my flower beds. It was great! It looks so much better already.

I've also been working on checking things off my "To-Do Before Baby" list. I'm not doing too bad. I'm sure there's still lots I'm forgetting.

- buy newborn diapers, baby wash, soothers, etc. (Done)

- hang shelves in nursery to keep these items away from Little Miss C. (Done last night)

- buy grossly unflattering and unshapely nursing bra. (Done)

- pack hospital bag (Not sure this will be completely done until we're on our way to the hospital.)

- figure out and buy what I want to wear during the water birth. (Done)

- pack bag for Chelsea. (pretty much done. I've been making sure all the laundry is done, so if I am away for a few extra days, her clothes are all organized and ready in her dresser.)

- pack "Walter's" things for coming home. (Done)

- get out the carseat and bassinet. (Done)

- install carseat. (Chris says he's not doing this until the baby is born.)

- organize and wash all the baby clothes I bought at garage sales. (Done)

- get pedicure. (Done - but I'd gladly do it again!)

- get music ready to take to the hospital for during labour

- download some movies to watch in case labour sucks and is long

- announce daily to some stranger that "yes, I am about to pop" and "yes, I'm sure it's not twins". (Done)

- refrain from punching said stranger. (Done - so far.)

- charge battery for video camera. (Did today)

- pack extra batteries for still camera

- get phone list ready. (Done- unless we forgot someone)

- feel over-emotional and on the verge of tears for dumb reasons. (Done, done, done)

- organize the pantry and desk area so that I'm not embarrassed if my mom comes to stay at short notice. (Done - thanks to Ang!!!)

- ditto for keeping the rest of the house clean (m'eh - trying to keep on top of it.)

- be utterly grateful for this healthy baby and the fact that I am feeling so good. (Done - often)

- nap often (I try!)

- humbly ask for help when I get stuck on the couch (done every night!)

- try to enjoy the last few days... or weeks... or month (ouch) of feeling Walter move inside. (Done. I LOVE feeling the baby move inside. I always miss this.)



Now, what else do I need to do?? This baby could be here any day!
And because a post just isn't fun without pictures, here's C on her "big slide" I found at a garage sale.

5 comments :

  1. Wow! You've been busy!

    And think of it this way: Mom's not happy unless she's got something to do. Don't overclean/organize, because then she'll be lost! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she'll still find something to do! There's always tubs to clean and floors to wash. :) Plus, this way she might hit a few garage sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a humorous list that so encapsulates all mommies in waiting - DONE.

    Hoping "Walter" (lol) will come out sooner rather than later, 'cause we all know that is the worst time for the urge to punch a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I didn't ask when you were due at the garage sale...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a water birth?? That is so neat. I always thought I would like to do that too, but didn't. Sounds like you've been keeping busy and you're pretty much ready for Walter to come out...so hurry up little guy!! And C...well, cute as always! Darby was saying her name the other day looking at your blog...it was sooo funny as he say here saying it over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete