Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

40 weeks!

Well, I made it. 40 weeks. Crazy. I thought at 40 weeks I was big with Chelsea, but checking out my 40 week photo with this baby, I am a TANK! Look at how round the belly was with Chelsea and how pointy it is this time. I think it's a boy. ;)
Oh and a few people have commented that I really haven't gotten much bigger in the past few weeks. Well, I haven't gained any weight (I actually lost about 14 pounds in the past few months), but this picture shows my belly 5 weeks ago, and then last night (June 3 - my due date).


I see a whole lot of belly growth, don't you??


I do have to brag about something. I am still wearing my wedding rings. :D With Chelsea, I retained so much water, I had to stop wearing them around 30 weeks, and I hated having to take them off. This time, I'm retaining very little water thanks to a trick my midwives told me. I love it!

Anyways, there is no signs of anything happening soon, so keep praying! I would like this baby out soon!


7 comments :

  1. You do have a much larger tummy this time. Its kinda point. :-)
    So, whats the trick to not retaining water?
    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamy - my midwives said to drink the juice of half a lemon every morning in a glass of water before getting out of bed. It gets your kidneys flushing out your system. I squeeze a lemon the night before and put it on my bedside table in a glass full of ice. Then about 1/2 hour or so before getting up, I drink it. It really seems to have helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pointy this time around too with Liam and round with Lara. Your post a while ago about buying an ugly nursing bra made me laugh - it's so true, those things are hideous! The ones at Thyme weren't as bad, but they are crazy expensive.

    I'm praying for you that baby comes soon and that you have as easy a delivery as possible! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look good! I retained more water than Morden Lake when I was pregnant and I had a midwife but never heard that trick. I will totally keep that in mind if that happens again!
    Congrats on getting to 40 weeks. Can't wait to hear about "Walter's" arrival.
    (don't know if you know me, but I went to school with Chris all of Elementary in Plum Coulee).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out your tan in comparison to 5 weeks ago. Looking good!




    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking the same thing about your tan, looking good, you are so cute pregnant. Hope to hear the announcement of "Walter's" arrival soon.

    ReplyDelete