So, tonight I went and got a puppy. Chris has been giving me those puppy dog eyes for a few days. His eyes light up when he's around a dog and Chelsea has been acting as a puppy constantly since we gave Maggie away.
So tonight I drove and picked up the cutest, most perfect puppy. She's adorable. She's cute and fluffy and she is a Bichon, just like our beloved Belle. She waddles when she walks and she's very cuddly. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a puppy, but sometimes, it's not about me. I knew my family would be ecstatic.
So I went and picked her up and talked to the lady for over an hour. I gathered the puppy's toys and blankets and food and brought her home. Chris got all lovey eyed and played with her for a few minutes and then said,
"I don't think we should get a puppy right now."
....
Are you kidding me?? But, since I was feeling it too, I phoned the lady and fumbled my way through a conversation and now, Chris is driving that cute, perfect puppy back home. We didn't want to deal with the puppy whining all night, or Chelsea seeing that puppy in the morning and wanting to keep her.
I'm a little sad, but mostly relieved. Now, we aren't going to talk about puppies for a while... a long while. I don't want this to happen again. I kind of like being dog free, but at the same time, dang! I hate sweeping my kitchen 5 times a day!
With all those cake crumbs that would end up on the floor I'd think dogs would be lined up at the door for a taste! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh man...lol
ReplyDeleteI can not believe a cute adorable fluffy puppy came into your house and did not stay forever!!!!
WOW!!! That is some serious grownup behavior you both displayed there...I hope your not to mature for me now! HA!!!
Good for you for doing the right thing for you guys! :)
Awww. That sounds like a very emotional up & down evening...I guess it's a very good thing that you made the decision though before anybody got more attached to the puppy! Nice when you know you are doing the best thing for yourselves though. Hope your evening today was better!
ReplyDeleteaaahhh i was kind of hoping you had kept the little puppy! But it sounds like you made a very good grown up decision!!
ReplyDelete