Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Real.

Had a rough day yesterday. I was feeling sorry for myself and was pretty cranky. It was not a good day. Chris only took a short lunch and then was only home for 20 minutes before having to leave for the evening. I had to leave my baby with the neighbours so I could sit in Urgent Care with a princess for an hour and a half. (Victory though, as we exited with a magical piece of paper.) Rather than focus on all that junk though, let's focus on the good things.

Good things!

- had a great weekend that ended with a swimming birthday party for my friend's little girl. Although it emphasized how much we miss grandma and grandpa's pool, we had a blast. Chelsea learned the valuable lesson of only jumping into the pool while wearing a lifejacket and Gavin just loved every second of it. Makes me so excited to celebrate C's birthday here in just over a month.

- Although not seeing any results on the scale (hence the me feeling sorry for myself) I do workout hard every day. My running is coming along great and I can't wait to run outside. I'm hoping to start this week. It was also a nice surprise to do a p90x workout that my husband said was super hard only to discover that it was easy for me. Chris was shocked. :) Thanks Turbo Jam and Jillian!

-so glad for friends who get me where I'm at and love on me.

- I am pretty proud of the gift I gave my friend's little girl. It's totally copied from what Heather gave me when my girl turned one, but I loved mine so much I had to make one for my friend. I am not a scrapbooking person and so it was a bit of a stretch for me, but I think it turned out great!

- G is officially crawling on his hands and knees. It allows him to move faster in order to pull his sister's hair better.

- I'm taking on fewer and fewer cakes. I'm all booked for March and pretty much April and even have 4 in May already. I want to concentrate more on myself and my family and enjoying time outside while my matleave is quickly coming to an end.

- Feeling a lot of peace about a pretty major decision that Chris and I made last week. Major announcement about that coming soon. (Ha! You like that? That's right. You have to wait to find out.)

- loving my husband and how helpful he is. I realize that he's not the majority every time I read on someone's FB page that someone is excited because thier husband washed the floor or did dishes or laundry. Mine does things like this all the time and I am very thankful for this.

- good friends who laugh loudly at Boston Pizza.

- thankful I don't have to cook tonight as we're going to a friend's house tonight.

- Friends who love my kids almost as much as I do.

- pedicures. friend. Saturday night. Excited! 'nuff said.

- my dining room table. And the fact that it is covered with a little girl's idea of heaven. My Little Ponies, anyone?

- There is way more good that I could list, but one of the good things just woke up and needs some hugs and cuddles. Laters.


10 comments :

  1. I have those days too. Thankfully the good almost always outweighs the bad!
    Who ever was the other crazy lady laughing loudly at BP...I simply can not imagine something so improper! HA!!!! It is almost as bad as clapping along to the birthday jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly - I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth. I love hanging out with you because I know you'll never tell me that I'm too loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I loved the canvas.. it is AMAZING and you should be very proud!!
    I can't wait to hear this announcement.. and lucky lovely little girl on a table full of my little ponies.. awesome!!
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! My last post was a similar theme. There's so much to be thankful for, even on the crap days, isn't there?

    My husband sounds very similar to yours. I don't know what I would do without him. It makes me feel in awe of single moms - and my mom, and so many moms of that generation, who were married but were really single moms, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - how am I the fifth person to comment already? I'm usually first or second.

    I like hearing the things you are grateful for.

    And I ADORE pictures. Always! I can't believe how grown up G is looking.

    That is an AWESOME gift that you made - you should be so proud of yourself!

    I think I know your decision! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta tell ya, after a pretty dreary day (weather/teaching-wise), reading your post was a real mood-booster! I love reading people's thankful lists...reminds me of everything I have to be thankful for too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah those days are tough...and some days it feels like you just want to let it be that way! I have to convince myself not to feel that way everyday when Kyle's gone, which is why we keep so busy I guess! Glad it turned around, and you came up with all those things to put a smile on your face :) Made me smile.

    I'm thankful too for good laughs with great friends! And you've got me so curious... The canvas looks great by the way! Oh and so glad to hear your running is going well, that's awesome!! Hope you're having a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Amanda!
    It was a blast laughing so much at BP that most of us were actually crying from laughing so hard and often! Laughing is always a good thing!
    I am also curious about this announcement....how much longer do we have to wait?? lol

    I am so glad that Gavin had a blast at the birthday/pool party!! How did the trunks fit?

    Thanks for sharing!
    You are a wonderful friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, I loved reading it. I'm super curious about your decision now :)

    beautiful layout. Turned out great. See? You're scrappy too! All I ever do is copy when I scrap. :)

    I'm totally impressed with the p90x - just the commercials look crazy tiring. You are so fit! I need to get some running tips from you. I've never run (other than in gym class) and I would like to actually run instead of just walk at Run For the Cure. I'll need to actually train to make that goal happen.

    Oh, and my little ponies are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that birthday gift is awesome. Great job.
    Not happy that you're taking on fewer cakes, cause I love to look at them. But i understand the reason.
    Looking forward to the announcement. Not nice to keep us hanging tho...lol.

    ReplyDelete