I've missed you. I've been so busy lately and I hate that. I love what's keeping me busy - mostly the kids and just life in general, with a wedding cake thrown in there. I find that I have to work really hard to find some quiet "me" time. I have been spending some time on the deck with a good book, but most of the time, I'm overwhelmed with feelings of "the floors need to be washed" and "there's laundry to fold" or "what's for supper?" Usually I have about 2 hours when both kids are napping and I definitely try to make the most of that time. Unfortunately though, it feels like most of that is wasted tidying up from the morning and cleaning up after eating.
Chelsea is certainly full of attitude and is learning some hard life lessons. These include, but are not limited to,
- not yelling at mom, dad, or brother.
- not screaming, crying, or having a meltdown upon hearing the word "no."
- that she is old enough to clean up her own messes.
- that life doesn't always go her way and that's okay.
I'm loving the summer weather we're having, but am having a hard time getting out for walks with the kids. G sleeps for 2 hours in the morning, and usually both are out for at least that in the afternoon. Plus the stroller we have for the two kids can be pretty heavy and Chelsea is constantly jumping on and off (we have a sit and stand stroller.) If I put the two of them in the bike stroller, there will be tears as Gavin takes great pleasure in pulling Chelsea's hair and pinching her legs. I'm hoping this will improve, as I'm really looking forward to bikerides this summer.
Enough about the kids, more about me! ;) I am in a really good place right now. I feel loved and needed and wanted and this makes me thrive. My phone has started ringing again with a friend on the other end and that always makes me smile. I've been making time for friends and enjoying other families. It's great. The only thing that I really really want right now is time to do nothing. I would love to go to a hotel for a night with Chris. Go out for a nice supper, watch some movies late into the night and sleep in. No cries from the baby monitor, no talking baby at 6:30 in the morning. Chris usually gets up with the kids on the weekend so I can sleep in, but I'm always up by 8:30 because I know they are downstairs and awake and waiting. A night away would be glorious.
But for now, I'll settle for my evenings out like I had tonight. Supper and Steel Magnolias. Perfect!
The pictures very seriously make my heart hurt. I miss them sooo much, and am still so disappointed that I couldn't have come down. Oh well. It just means that it's time to plan another trip!
ReplyDeleteThe first picture of G is amazing! I hope that you are aware of your picture taking abilities.
Do you have pictures or a link of your play structure? Where is is going? You didn't get rid of the shed in the back yard, did you?
I can't believe you guys are wearing shorts already! I know the weather has been that nice, but it's still hard to picture in APRIL!! As someone pointed out to me, we don't generally even get this weather for May long weekend - we are sooo blessed right now!!
I can't wait to see (or see pictures of) the beaver! Is he still teething, or taking a break for the moment?
Life lessons can be hard, but they are generally good. Hang in there, C. (And just admit defeat and admit that Mom and Dad are right.)
I LOVE that you've been in a good place lately! You deserve it! I'm so glad to hear it.
HA! Great post lady! :)
ReplyDeleteCan not wait to see that huge play structure in the yard!!
I think the weather has done so much for my moods lately...I love the sun :)
YEAH for Steel Magnolias...Booooo for milk breath and space invader ;p
And after having Shawn to myself for a week while the kids were gone I fully support your night away!!! lol