Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

And birthday week is officially over.

This year, parties went out of control. We had a family party on Sunday, then her actual birthday was Friday, so we had a small get together. We love cake pops around here, so I made cherry chip cake pops and cookie dough cake pops.
Then we had the party at the gym. Best idea ever. Lots of room to run and play and no mess in my house. Here are my tissue paper puffs that I made.


And the unicorn/rainbow theme went out the window when Chelsea declared she didn't want a fondant cake, but rather a candy cake. So a candy cake we made! She still didn't eat a piece, in case you are wondering.



We set up a craft table and took a break from the running, swinging, screaming to do a fun, messy craft. They turned out really great.


My 4th birthday princess.
Parachutes rule. I had so much fun!The mini skateboards were a hit for young and old!
Me and my chubbachubbchubbs. And the grand finale. We managed after many hours, phonecalls, and trips out shopping, to get an amazing bike for Chelsea. Princess to the max. It was worth it all - the look on her face was amazing.

And that concludes birthday weekend.


I learned a lot of lessons.

1. I am ridiculous about birthdays. This proved that.

2. Too many kids = stress for me. The kids were all so behaved, but I felt like I was neglecting the parents. I love visiting and didn't even get to talk to everyone.

3. My daughter is only 4. Even though she'd been talking about her cake and party for months, she was so overwhelmed that she just kept randomly crying.

4. After all we did, she declared that the best part about her weekend was her treat bags. Candy necklaces go a long way, people.

6 comments :

  1. Absolutely AWESOME! Wish we could have been there!

    That bike is fantastic!! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT was a fantastic party. The boys had so much fun.. and we are still slowly working through the candy necklaces.. although the butterfly tattoo was the favorite item over here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing party! Great job! I love how you LOVE your kids. And enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party!!! You are an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! What a great idea to have the party at a gym out of the house. Which gym did you do her party at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a teacher in Schanzenfeld, so we did it at my school. :)

    ReplyDelete