We celebrated Chelsea turning 4 with Chris' family on Sunday.

This was just a small family get together, but of course there had to be cake. Chelsea had asked me for a cake with two owls sitting on a rainbow because "I like rainbows and you like owls, right mom?"

I finally got a chance to make an owl cake and I think it turned out super cute! Chelsea, however, wasn't phased. The problem with her seeing awesome cakes all the time is that they don't wow her at all anymore.
I even made the cake rainbow inside and still she was like, "Nice cake, but can I go play?"
This guy however, was VERY excited about seeing a cake, touching a cake, eating a cake - heck the mention of the word cake gets this guy going!

Last year, I realized that my daughter really doesn't like cake. I had big big plans for her cake for Saturday's party - unicorns, rainbows, butterflies.... but, after a good discussion during which she informed me that she really doesn't like fondant, we decided to make a cake she would like. Stay tuned, because I can guarentee you that I have never before made a cake like the one we have planned.
that rainbow cake is cool. can't wait to see what you have in store for Saturday!
ReplyDeleteHeeheehee - I was telling a bunch of ladies tonight about Saturday's cake. I can't wait to see it! (Oh - and NONE of them had ever heard of such a cake. Surprising, isn't it?)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're blogging again.
You amaze me again. Love all the different colors in the cake. Can't wait to hear all about the fun had on saturday!
ReplyDelete