Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Give me CANDY.

First of all, let me start off by saying, "Do not judge."


Okay? No really.


NO judgement. It's my blog and I'm about to reveal a deep dark secret.


I love parades.


There I said it.

Around here, all I seem to hear is negativity - people hate parades. "Our parade is so lame." "Our parade is so short." Blah, blah, blah. I'm from Gilbert Plains, people! We have 5 floats, 3 cows, some bikes and a whackload of machine equipment. Winkler parade is fantastic and Morden's? LOVE!


There's just something about the excitement you see in kids as they watch floats go by and catch candy. I love it. This year we went to Altona, Gretna and Plum Coulee parades. My family got to watch the Winkler parade but I didn't - because I WAS IN IT!!

Okay, I know it's not that exciting. But I was walking in a pink tank with the Tyson Method 4 Moms ladies and I had a blast!
A sea of pink, coming your way!

(This is me, waving at Chelsea. I wasn't this excited for the whole parade, I promise.)
Chelsea got to join us and she also thought being in the parade was the greatest thing ever.
I've been asked to be in the Morden parade and I had to take a few days to think about it because I love watching the parade that much. It was a tough choice!


But I'm super excited. I've been attending aquafit bootcamp on Tuesday nights and I've been asked by Fittwell in Morden to workout on their bootcamp float. ME! People are going to be watching me workout on a float.


Wait - people are going to be watching me workout on a float.


YIKES!

Ah well, see you Saturday!!

2 comments :

  1. GO AMANDA!!! You looked fantastic in the parade, and I agree, parades are fun :) Growing up in Coulee we never had one until Plum Fest started, and that was the year I got married, so it's exiting that our little town has a parade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love parades too, so much. I would totally go to every one but no one around me loves them as much as me, haha. I'll watch for you in Morden!

    ReplyDelete