Ever since the movie "Tangled" came out, Chelsea has insisted she wants long hair like Rapunzel (even though she's probably only seen the movie two times.) So we have let her hair grow longer and longer. Most days, Chelsea loves having long hair. We rarely wear it down, but rather make sure it is in ponytails or braids or tied back in some way, but every once in a while, we'll leave it down.
Last week, Chelsea said she wanted to have short hair like mine. I was miffed. First off, I've been growing my hair out and have been proud that it's finally long enough to put in a pony tail, so my heart was a little hurt that she would call my hair "short." Secondly, I freely admit that I love her long hair. I think it's gorgeous. Her hair has a wavy/curly texture to it and if it's short, I'm a little nervous that it'll go wonky. Now her idea of short is probably just to her shoulders, and my idea of short is like a pixie bob or something, so we'd have to agree first on what to do.
But I told her that we can't cut it just yet. I''m not opposed to her cutting it really, but we are only an inch or two away from being able to donate it. I figure if we are going to chop her gorgeous locks, we'd better at least be able to give it to a good cause. If we were to cut it now, it would be such a waste! I mean, let's take a look at our hair journey...
Which brings us all the way to today. It's gorgeous, isn't it?
I do admit that someday when we cut it, I will be sad. However, I won't miss all the long blonde hair I have to sweep up, the hours spent brushing all the knots out and the oodles and oodles of leave-in conditioner we use.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Love the little baby ponies. And I hear you re: the leave-in conditioner. We should order it in bulk.
ReplyDeleteAll the beautiful faces of Chelsea, they make me smile.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful, Just like her mom!
ReplyDeleteThat's really cute to see her hair transformation over the years! She has such pretty long hair! Just can't believe how grown up she looks...wow!
ReplyDelete