...absolutely rocks my world. His soft, caring, sensitive spirit is balanced out by his need to be heard and therefore he is loud (kinda like his mama). His feelings are easily hurt, but he is quick to laugh and giggle. He loves cuddles and professing his love to mom and dad. He is wicked smart (a blog post to come on that a little later) and loves learning.
I cannot imagine my life without him. This little guy however, gave me the worst scare of my life the other night. We were at Winkler's movie night in the park. We were having a great time with the scores of people packed into the park. It was an awesome night to watch a movie.
If you look closely, you can kind of see us. :)
When the movie was over, we were packing up the blanket, lawnchairs, food, and whatnot and we went to start walking. It was pitch black and crowded and loud. All 5000 people (might be a slight exaggeration) were trying to leave at the same time. I grabbed Chelsea's hand and started pushing the stroller, only to stop when Chris asked, "Where's Gavin?"
I was like, "What do you mean? He's right here..." and he wasn't. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. Please realize it was pitch black and wall to wall people. I had no idea where he was or how on earth we were going to find him. I instantly started to freak out, calling his name and walking in between people and then running back to the stroller (someone was watching C and E for me) and then I'm pretty sure I started to look a little hysterical, calling his name over and over with tears streaming down my face.
It wasn't that I thought he was kidnapped or anything like that, but there were so many people I had no idea how we were going to find him. He could have followed someone to the bathroom, or parking lot or anywhere.
My heart was racing and I was scared. I freely admit I was overreacting. Finally, after what seemed like forever, but in reality was only a few minutes, I see Chris holding Gavin. The little man had run way over to the stage because he wanted to play on it. He had no idea that he had been lost, thank goodness.
He was probably just wondering why his mama was squeezing him and kissing him and crying. Crazy Mama.
My heart races just reading that story!
ReplyDelete