Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

We both should be sleeping.

- This guy should be napping, but as you can tell, that's the furthest thing from his mind. I try not to get caught up in all that I could be doing, and thinking about the mountain of laundry that I was going to fold, or the supper I was going to make, and instead just enjoy this guy. He is already getting so big and I am cherishing our cuddle times. He doesn't realize that naptimes are glorious times for mommies. I was just loving on him and he flashed me one of his adorable dimple smiles. Naptime didn't seem quite so important.
 
- I need a trip to David's Tea. I want some of this and this. And this is so pretty. I guess I could place an online order, but that's no where near as much fun as visiting the store!

- I've been talking to an interior designer about paint samples for our house and backsplash tiles for the kitchen. There is even talk about ripping up more carpet! Hoping to nail down choices after the chaos of next week (Kindergarten and preschool starting!)

- Apparently supper just wasn't meant to be on Tuesday. I had a full pan of salsa ranch chicken in the oven and the glass dish just exploded in the oven. I'm super thankful that I didn't have the oven door open when it happened. I was standing at the island and heard a loud bang and then smoke started pouring out of the oven. I opened the door to see chicken, glass, and sauce everywhere in the oven. We still have no idea what happened. The dish had been in the oven for over an hour and a half and was almost ready to come out. The hotdogs we wound up eating were nowhere near as tasty.

- Another school year has started without me at school. This is always a bittersweet feeling. I love the year off I have with my kids, but it's sad to realize that life moves along without you. I'll miss my school and staff this year!

- I really am finishing this post at 5:18am. One of the benefits of breastfeeding and less Facebook time is more blogging time.

-

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. My neighbor brought me some yesterday. Soo good!

      Delete
  2. My mom has had a pan explode, apparently its not abnormal; pyrex isn't really safe to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can blog and breastfeed...that takes skill

    ReplyDelete