
Well the news is out. I'm due June 3rd with baby #2. My goal was to not really announce it until after parent-teacher conferences because that way parents talk about the students and not my belly. And I did it! Parent-teacher conferences were great - the best ones I've had yet!This "secret" is part of the reason that I haven't blogged. I wasn't sure what I could say without giving anything away - so I didn't blog. But now, it's out! So here's the story...
When school started, and I went back to work full time, I was having a really hard adjusting and would come home every day just more and more exhausted. I just thought that maybe I was doing too much or just taking a long time to adjust to working full time, being a mom, and doing cakes. But I never thought much more than that.
About the third week of school, I was absolutely hating it and I told Chris it was time for baby #2. :) With Chels, we tried for 11 months and were told we wouldn't be able to have children, so when we thought about starting to try, we assumed it might take a while. Little did we know that by the time we were starting to try, we were already a few weeks along.
Anyways, long story short, we took a test, called the midwives, and were scheduled for an ultrasound to determine a due date. We then found out we were over 6 weeks along! Fast forward another 6 weeks and here we are!
:) Life is full of surprises.
I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYay! You've come out of the pregnancy closet!! I love those pics of Chelsea, btw. What a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is so wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteMan I am just so pumped for you guys...and it makes me want to do it all over again too :) lol Although, after last night I'm not sure we're ready for that yet! You guys are so blessed to have C, and now another one coming to join you! Yay!! It's just so awesome...
ReplyDeleteAwww, congratulations, new house, new baby!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt's so awesome how much God has blessed you after all that waiting and trusting for C. We are excited for you, and we will be in Winnipeg for a lot longer than normal mid June so maybe we can finally meet BOTH kids.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Amanda. That is very exciting. Hope you are feeling well.
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back to blogging ;-)
Congratulations Amanda. Very excited for you - did you have a midwife the first time? I've had two with docs and two with a midwife. Midwives are the way to go in my opinion - I just love forming a relationship with them.
ReplyDelete