Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas time.

- I'm addicted to salad right now. I seriously crave it. I've been making my own dressing with grapeseed oil, mrs. dash table blend, and a little too much vinegar. I wake up craving it. So yummy.

- I haven't really mentioned it because I don't like bragging, but, I've lost almost 60 pounds. I've had to reintroduce myself to people who should, but don't, recognize me. It's fun but really awkward at the same time. I hit a VERY major milestone this morning and am super pumped. My losing weight isn't about me wearing a bikini or fitting into a certain size. It's about me not being classified as obese. It's about me and being healthy. I feel so good right now. I love it!

- I wish anonymous commenters were either A) nice, or B) not anonymous. I'm seriously considering checking that little box that disables anonymous comments. This would mean that certain people whom I love (Kim) couldn't comment, but every few months I get an anonymous comment that really bugs me.

- Our Christmas program was Sunday at the church. I'm very disappointed with the pictures. Chelsea was in the back and they didn't line the kids up like it was rehearsed. We couldn't see her and her cute costume at all and she couldn't see her teacher, so she stopped singing and turned around and looked at the back wall. Oh well, at least Gavin and I rocked it - me in my bathrobe and Gavin with a sucker and his monkey.

- We are pretty much ready for Christmas. I'm VERY excited to be staying home this Christmas. This hasn't happened since I started dating Chris. Usually we're driving on Christmas or Boxing Day. Now that we have our own family, we wanted to start traditions of our own, like a laid back, relaxing Christmas morning with just us. It's going to be perfect.

- Speaking of Christmas, I must admit that I am cheap when it comes to Christmas decorations. We don't have a lot of extra money to spend on trees, fancy ornaments, and decorations, nor do I have the room to have that stuff taking up space. I also would like to add that I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old, who are constantly playing with the ornaments/gifts and decorations that I do have. We actually did have to spend money on our tree ornaments this year and buy shatterproof ones because last year, Chelsea broke 4 glass ones.

So, in response to the "Your tree looks cheap!" comment, here is a picture of our expensive, beautifully done up tree. Isn't it beautiful, elegant and expensive looking?

We'll say it's ours, but it lives next door.

- I'm so thankful for my friends right now. I remember last year at this time I was feeling pretty lonely in the friends department. I am so thankful for all the new friends that have come into my life this past year. I love you all, ladies! Muah!

And with that random mumbo jumbo... 'night all!

10 comments :

  1. Addicted to salad? bah...lol
    You SHOULD be bragging, you deserve to!
    Annonymous can kissmyass.
    You both look adorable and I bet C was too!
    We are having a laid back at home xmas too!
    Your tree is lovely!
    Your friends are lucky..to have YOU.

    Sweet dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only wish to be addicted to salad. I've been wondering what the deal will be with salad dressings - I've never gotten into oil dressings.

    You DESERVE to brag! I'm SOOOO proud of you! And the milestone - I'm still grinning at that!

    Anonomous commenters that don't leave their name don't leave it because they're afraid to. They don't have the courage to actually stand up and claim their words. That makes them cowards.

    From what I can see of your face, you look freaking phenomenal!!And Gavin is so cute!

    I'm excited to hear about your Christmas and see pictures. This is the first year that Chelsea's been born that we haven't been together!

    It's still stupid that you - I mean, Chris - ever ended up with glass bulbs anyways. Each one deserves to be broken (but not by one of your children).

    haha - I spent waaay too much time looking at the tree, going "WTH? New curtains? New paint job? The windows are where they are supposed to be, so it's gotta be their house." And I wondered why C's tree was taken down. It all makes sense now!

    I'm so glad you're not lonely - loneliness sucks.



    Speaking of sucking, my 'h' key randomly sticks. Typing 60 wpm, I'm still forgetting, so I end up having to go back and add 'h's.

    And did you hear that they are going to (or are considering) eliminating the Caps Lock key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the weight loss! You look fabulous!
    That annonymous blogger needs to watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special - it's not how big and expensive a tree is (and btw, I think your actual tree that C decorated is awesome! It's perfect! Screw that one cowardly person!) it's the spirit of Christmas that makes it special.

    Enjoy the break! Merry Christmas!
    (oh, and btw you need to have a Norwex Party. Or someone does. I need some things but I'm not sure that I actually want to go through the stress of planning a party, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! That is a huge accomplishment. I hit the obese mark earlier this year :( After the baby is born I definitely need to get on track. That was a real rude of wakening for me because before I could more easily shrugg it off when I was "just" overweight.

    We dont even have a tree because we are too broke and busy to worry about it. Next year we will have to get one since Caleb will know whats going on, but I didnt want to deal with Caleb and the Cat this year.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We decided the same, we want our kids to have memories of Christmas morning here in our home. I am so over driving 6+ hours between hometowns to see both sides at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on hitting your milestone! Wishing you health and happiness in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss! Also.. I love a simple tree.. most people would consider ours cheap but I just love it.. only a few red, white, and silver ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'm really really jealous!!!! I don't know how you do it but i have to say i really really look up to you on how wonderful you are as a Wife, teacher, Mother, role model and friend and familiy member. I try to loose weight and i did it once like 5 years ago lost around 50 pounds but i can't seem to do it again. Thumbs up Amanda, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your milestone marker! you are amazing in all that you do. Definitely an A+ student!!!
    I am blessed to have you as my friend and love our times together. it totally freaks me out how so very similar we are. AH!!! You are so sweet and generous. I love everything about you.
    As for Christmas trees, my favorite christmas tree we ever had was a little table top one where the girls and I made all the ornaments ourselves. It was special.
    Enjoy your very relaxing Christmas holiday (as relaxing as it gets with 2 kids :) ) I have some great books waiting for you to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited I was mentioned in your blog. Although I was trying to check the cake one this time.

    You should never be lonely, we are all lucky to have you as a friend, and by the way we were friends last year so you shouldn't have been lonely!!!

    Congratulations on your weight loss. You look amazing, but I always think you look amazing I don't know how you do it, two kids, working, baking, church, friends, the list goes on and you still always look so put together!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete