Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crickets Chirping...

So imagine, if you will.

I am standing at the front of my classroom. 25 pairs of little eyes, glued to me. They are all eager and listening, for what feels like the first time ever. Everyone is engaged, learning and behaving. There are no silly noises, no tapping pencils, no kids wandering around, no pencils sharpening. Everyone is simply "on". A moment like this doesn't happen too often.

Just as I start to smile and think, "Man, you really have it, don't you Amanda?" a lone student raises his hand.

"Mrs. Hildebrand? Who farted?"

Sigh. The moment - gone.

And normal, daily life in the classroom continues.

8 comments :

  1. Bwhahaha!

    I saw the word "fart" down lower when I started reading this, so I was expecting you to say that you farted. I'm glad it wasn't a loud fart from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think you have one of the hardest jobs in the world and would never even attempt it.
    Some days you get though with silence. other days you get through life with laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! laughing so hard my belly hurts!!!!!
    it was you wasn't it???? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwhahaha!

    I was joking, too. I'm not that cruel about you. You are my family.

    (((((hugs)))))

    So this has gone from a status update to a wall post to blogger. What else needs to be covered? Can we call it quits now?

    ReplyDelete