Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Whoo whoo.

So in the last little while, I've had 6 people come up to me and tell me that they read my blog and I had no idea. I love that there are lots of people reading what I write, even if it is boring, mundane stories about my life and my kids. All I have to say is let me know you are reading. I'm more tempted to write if I know people are reading. I also find that I blog a bit more now that I know that you can get your blogs published in a book format. I think that is a really neat idea and keepsake. It's like journalling old school.

I have a lot to catch up on with my blog. Lots has been happening that needs to get posted, but for now, I'm just going to share a few things about the past 24 hours. Chris and I were supposed to go to the city for a relaxing few days and two nights, but plans changed. Our plans for childcare fell through because my kids both had the flu and we didn't want to pass it on. We wound up giving our friends a really good deal on a hotel room for one night, but did manage to sneak away last night. It wasn't as relaxing as we hoped because we spent most of our time shopping, but it was still a good day out.
I came home from the city with a pair of super skinny jeans and 2 pairs of boots. Love it. I also bought a few shirts and a fun owl ring. Me and my owls, I know.
Then, we met up with friends at The Keg. Mmmm... steak. Seriously, it's a good thing we don't have that restaurant any closer. It's so delicious, but so expensive.
Anyways, a picture from tonight of me and my girl Andrea. I love her to peices and am grateful that we are still friends. She's so beautiful, inside and out. We've been friends since high school and were so close in university that we were dubbed "Amandrea". Then she moved to far far away land to go to school, fell in love with a boy, got married and is now having a baby. I wish she lived closer, but for now, I'll settle for our quick visits when she comes to Manitoba. Love you lady!

And that was the past few days. Soon, I'll hopefully have a Christmas post up (mainly for my sister who has been begging for pictures) and I'm working on a few more. Nighty night!

4 comments :

  1. I dislike owls and birds of all kinds, but since I'm nice I won't hold it against ya! The ring is neat though. Glad you had a fun time in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to sneak away for one night!

    Your ring is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ring is cool..and yeah for skinny jeans & boots! Oh, and yummy steak dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Keg is the best, we try to get there at least once a year! You gonna sport your new super skinny jeans at work next friday? I think you should, boots too!

    ReplyDelete