I've written before about how I've been struggling since Eli was born. Some days are better than others, but lately, I've been really quick to get down on myself.
I say mean things about myself. I speak negatively. I don't like it, yet I do it. I really believe in the power of words, so I'm trying very hard to speak positive truths into my life.
This past week, I was able to spend time with two of my friends who are always so kind and caring and I felt special and loved after time with them. I love those kind of people.
This week, I woke up to texts speaking words of love and kindness and truth from these same friends. I'm beginning to realize that I am who I am, I am pretty awesome and I matter.
That's a big one.
I matter.
That's a tough one for me. Will I ever know for sure, deep down in that dark corner of my heart, that I am worthy?
I'm working on it. Slowly, but one step at a time.
You ARE worthy. You are loved. You are made by God and He loves you unconditionally, passionately. You are made to be unique and lovely with the gifts and personality God has given you.
ReplyDeleteOne truth at a time, it'll kick in. I'm learning that too.
Keep surrounding yourself with people who love you for you.
Here's a tough something to consider: Have COMPASSION for yourself. We are SOOOOO hard on ourselves!
ReplyDeleteWhen I've been hard on myself, I try to remember to have compassion for me. I've found that the easiest way to do that is to think, "If someone else was telling me about this, would I have compassion for them?" The answer is yes, compassion would be extended to them. So why can't I extend it to myself?
MY answer is generally something along the lines of "Because I got myself into this/did this/whatever", but that answer is NOT allowed, as that is withdrawing compassion. If someone ELSE answered the question that way, I would call them on that, so I call MYSELF on that. I wouldn't let them beat themselves up, so I try to not do the same.
It's hard. It's even a hard concept.
Be nice to yourself.
*hugs*