Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Jesus is a what now?

We listen to a lot of praise and worship in this house. Although I don't have the greatest voice, I'm always singing along. My kids don't know the difference - yet.

We made a cd of kids worship to have in the van and our kids love listening and singing along. Chelsea has been really paying attention to the lyrics, and her interpretation of some of the lyrics has been hilarious.

In one song, the lyrics say, "Jesus is the way - oh! Jesus is the way - oh!"

Chelsea was singing, "Jesus is a whale! Jesus is a whale!" She finally asked me, "Mom - is Jesus really a whale? He always looks like a man in pictures."

In another song, the chorus says, "Jesus is a rock". Well after her little mishap about the whale, she was quick to ask, "Jesus isn't a rock, right?"

I explained that is means that Jesus is always there for you. He never changes and is strong and firm like a rock. I thought I did a pretty good job explaining it.

A few minutes later though, she pipes up from the back of the van, "Like Jesus never changes his clothes?" Haha. Oh the mind of a five year old.

1 comment :

  1. :) Dylan told me the other day that he didn't want Jesus to eat his food. I asked him what he meant, and he said, well Jesus is in my heart, so that means he is eating my food too, right? :)

    ReplyDelete