Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Things I love.

 1. Smoothies from Jonny's and dates with my girl. Funny though - she doesn't really like the smoothies, so I have to figure out what else I can order her. Or we'll just go to Tim's for a donut.
2. Barefeet, pedicures and flipflops. I hate wearing socks. As soon as I walk into the house, I have to take off my socks. Therefore, there is usually a pile of socks in my entrance.
3. Chelsea's quirky sense of style. Purple crocs and striped toesocks. I love the innocence of it.
 4. Love that my hair is finally long enough to wear in a ponytail - ironic that in the picture it isn't in a ponytail. I also still love the wallpaper in my bedroom (which is awesome, because I dread the day I have to tell my husband I want to change it. He told me it was a ridiculous idea.)
5. Davids Tea. Is there really anything more I can say? I am hooked. I probably drink 3-4 cups of tea daily.
6. Blogging. Yup. I spend some time almost every night on my blog. Working on some posts, writing posts that never get published, reading and commenting on other people's blogs. I just love it.
7. Sleeping baby. Eli is such a great sleeper - I've been really blessed by this. I nurse him to sleep around 7:30 most nights and he'll sleep until 3 or 4. I'll quickly nurse him again and he sleeps until 7:30. I just love watching him sleep.
 8. Dimples. I adore Gavin's  (and Eli's) dimples. I'm not sure where they came from, but I accuse my midwife of somehow playing a part. She has deep dimples, and was with me during my pregnancies for both boys, but not with Chelsea (she is dimple free).
9. These pictures of my babies will always be on my walls. They are big 11x14s. I just hung up Eli's and I love looking at them.
10. My top three Davids Teas. Forever Nuts, Red Velvet Cake and Birthday Cake.
11. My fancy schmancy new nails. Oh and my fancy schmancy new mug.
12. The spa. I freely admit that I'm addicted. I love going to the spa. Pedicures happen very regularly for me. I just love feeling pampered.
13. My girlie girl. I love that she wants fancy earrings, huge accessories and always wants her hair done. I had taken Eli somewhere and a lady commented, "I can tell he has a big sister. His head is covered in sparkles."
14. Owls. This is my latest one - the Scentsy warmer. I love it for two reasons - one, it's a super cute owl, and two, my entranceway bathroom no longer smells like a wet dog.
15. My wedding rings. I love them (and my husband too).
16. My Kindle. Best gift ever. I read so much more than I ever used to. It's so convenient. I love how light it is. I can hold it with one hand while nursing.
17. This quote is pretty important to me. Always writing my own story.
18. These two monkeys and a sippy cup make Gavin a very happy boy. I know I should really get rid of the sippy cup but I really don't want to think of him as a big boy!
19. My quilt. My aunt made this quilt for Chris and I for our wedding. She told us not to put it away safe, but rather to use it every day. And we have used it everyday for nine and a half years almost. It is now covered with worn spots and even some holes, but it is the perfect blanket - not too warm or cold. I've packed it away a few times because of the holes, but wind up pulling it out when I get frustrated with my new blankets.
20. Soothers, sookies, soo-soo, soos - whatever you call them, I love them. Gavin never really ever took a soother so I am so thankful that Eli does. He is such a happy baby and so easily appeased, but it's still nice to be able to buy myself a few minutes by giving him his soother.
21. Tea dates with friends (and mugs with sweaters). I've really been making an effort to reach out. All too often it's easy for me to want to stay home in my comfy clothes or just be lazy, but I love making the time just to hang out. Whether I invite myself over to your house, invite you over to my house, or we go out, I love it.

3 comments :

  1. Great post. I love random lists like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute - you didn't put how much you love it "if you invite yourself over to my house" on that list. I'm sure that was just an oversight and you're glad I've added it here. YOU'RE WELCOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how that one just didn't make it on the list. Hmm. Must have been an oversight. I LOVE IT. Really, I do.

      Delete