On Sunday, December 2nd, we were able to have Eli dedicated. I'm so honoured that Pastor Tim, the one who married us, has been able to dedicate all three of our children to Jesus.
I've always loved the name Eli. When I was in high school, I had a very good friend named Ely (same pronunciation, just with a Y). He was there for me when I felt like I didn't ever fit in. He taught me solid life lessons about being strong in your faith, accepting yourself and others, and being true to yourself, despite what others think. He was smart and funny and kind. For a few years, he was like a brother to me. After high school, we didn't keep in touch - I'm hoping he is happy and well! We joked that the name Eli means height. I'm pretty tall and Chris is 6'4" so we knew he really didn't have much choice in this area. I laugh because now every time I call "Eli" it's like I'm calling him to grow taller!
Pastor Tim gave Eli the verse 2 Corinthians 4:14 - "We do this because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus will also raise us with Jesus, and he will bring us into his presence along with you."
Eli - you are incredibly sweet. You bring an intense joy to my life that I didn't even know I was missing. With your spark and your never ending smiles, you complete our family. You really are the happiest baby I've ever met! It's so easy to make you smile and you love to talk and call to get the attention back onto you. Your brother and sister love you so much. There's never been any jealousy or resentment. People comment on how you look so much like your older brother Gavin, and although I see it, every time I look at you, I see such a special, unique little man. It is such an honour that God called us to be your parents. We promise to pour our heart and soul into raising you into the Godly man that you've been called to be.
You, my son, are so amazing and I can't wait to see what your life holds. Love you, little man!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteKim
You had me tearing up! Beautiful words for such a precious little man!
ReplyDeleteAw, I've been waiting for the baby dedication post. Happy Dedication Day, Eli!!
ReplyDelete