Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Bash

It's been a while since I've blogged, because I have been so busy. I could write about so many, many things that have happened recently, but I will focus on the major one.

I love birthdays. I seriously do. I think birthdays should be huge. I made a big deal about Chelsea's this year. Chelsea's birthday is tomorrow, but we had her party on Sunday. During the week, I became obsessed with baking Chelsea a cake - a very cool cake. I made a few practice ducks and a lot of practice icing. It turned out pretty good, I think.
I'm now wanting to try baking other types of cakes. I had a lot of fun making this one. Any ideas for cakes I should try next?

And we had a party. A rather large party. I like cooking for people and I made a lot of food. I had fun and I think everyone else did too (or at least, that's what I'm hoping!) There were lots of little kids here, lots of toys, and we had guitar hero and a wii set up in the basement for some of the adults. We also gave C a kitchen with food and plates for her birthday. Some highlights...
Chelsea was also given an AMAZING present from my dear friend Heather. Heather is so creative and made us this for C's birthday.
Yes, we did go overboard for her birthday. What can I say? I just love her to bits.

7 comments :

  1. you do throw a great party. it was fun. hey can you send me some of those pics please... your great. i really do think you should go into the cake business...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a ball - until I had to leave, of course. It looked like so much fun! I'm going to go look for other pictures from the party now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing! And look how much Chelsea has grown!! She's such a cutie.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party was a blast!! Hey, I do have some other ideas for more cakes that you should try. A friend of mine makes really creative cakes to. I will send you some pics of what she has done...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love FIRST birthdays - they are so special (us adults making a big fuss, the little kid having no idea what it's all about)!
    Very nice cake - I totally suck at icing things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake turned out great!!! I should hire you when Joey's birthday rolls around... :)

    ReplyDelete