I'm lazy. Tired, and lazy. Not a good combination. I think going back to work is starting to catch up with me. I'm tired. When I get home, I don't want to clean. I want to spend time with Chelsea and then spend time with Chris. I don't want to wash, dry, organize,wipe, sweep, mop, scrub, fold, or tidy. And so, I don't.
My house is a disaster, especially for me. It probably wouldn't look that bad to you, but I'm the girl who used to get up to go pee in the middle of the night and wind up cleaning the bathroom for 45 minutes. My house needed to be spotless. I spent so much time cleaning that I was called obsessed by my friends. Everything needed to be neat.
Now, if I have warning, my house will get cleaned. But, even then, if you value your life, don't open any closets or the pantry - objects have been known to topple down. You might be struck by a kitchen appliance, a box of cereal, a pile of clothes, or who knows what else is hidden away in there. My organizational skills as of late have been lacking. I don't know what it is. I don't know what to blame it on. I'm tired and lazy. I haven't been running or to the gym in a week, and there's absolutely no excuse for that. I said I would go to bed early tonight, and yet, here I sit in bed with the laptop at 11:20. I could be sleeping!
Tomorrow we are skipping church. We were there today from 8:30 - 2:30 for a marriage conference. I want to spend time with Chelsea tomorrow because I feel like I've barely seen her. I, however, also need to clean this house from top to bottom. Having a one year old and cleaning don't seem to go hand-in-hand right now. There's only so many tasks I can do with a little person clinging to my leg.
How do you keep your house clean? Do you have a schedule, or do you just do it as it needs doing?
I can relate, beleive me! I have no cleaning schelule, nothing, If i'm lucky, i clean. I tell my friends this... if you want to come visit me, come on down, if you want to come see my house, don't come for another 5 years! My time with my kids is important and they grow way to fast! It took me a year to realize that once the boys were born and now i just don't stress about it at all. I can't. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we have something in common...although I don't think I'm obsessed. I just like my house to be tidy, not messy. I've already cut our 'office' area out of my worries because Kyle's crap shows up two minutes after it's cleaned EVERY TIME! Otherwise, I try to clean when Darby is napping. Often I clean after 10 when he goes to bed. Then I'm tired and if I kick my butt off the couch I clean like mad and it gets done real quick so I can relax the rest of the evening...doesn't always work! Anyhow, enjoy your time with Chelsea. She's so precious! Hope you guys have a great day today!
ReplyDeleteit really isn't that bad...and besides it's good for you to just relax...if ppl come to see your house and not you then they shouldn't be there anyway!!! it's really not that bad!!
ReplyDeleteMy cleaning motto: if it's not lethal, or growing, it can stay a little longer. ;)
ReplyDelete