Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My bud.


On Sunday, we had Gavin dedicated to God. It was such a special service and we totally felt blessed.
I debated speaking in church, but sadly, let my fear of looking like a dork overtake me. If I were to have spoken, it would have gone like this.
Four years ago, we were told by our doctor that the chances of us ever having a baby were very very slim. We started praying hard for a baby and now, this is our second time up on this stage, dedicating our child to the Lord. We don't ever forget this miracle or the gifts that God has given us. You are our miracle and we love you so much.
Gavin - you are such an incredible joy. I've never known a baby to be so content, smiley, and cuddly all the time. We are so honored to have been chosen to be your parents. You are such a special child. We pray daily that God would show us how to be your role models and that He would give us the wisdom we need to raise you.
Bud, we love you more than words can say. I pray that you will always feel Jesus near. I pray for the strong man of God that you will become. We dedicate you today Gavin, and thank the Lord for you always.

4 comments :

  1. You may not have said it up on stage, but you wrote it here, where words are permanent.

    You should print this out and put it in the photo album next to the pictures of his dedication, so Gavin can read it when he's older.

    I almost cried when reading this - it's so heartfelt and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, close to tears myself. You would never look like a dork. You could have done it.

    I would take Jen's advise and put it in a scrapbook for him to read one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Isn't that one of the best days of our lives? To dedicate our children to the Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful....i totally understand letting your fear keep you from speaking infront of all those people!!
    But i agree with Jennifer...you wrote it here and you should print this out!!
    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete