I have been so crazy busy that this poor ol' blog has been ignored, pushed aside, and neglected. It's taken up residence on the back burner while I've made other things a priority.
- I'm almost finished putting all the pictures I've ever taken into albums, with a written blurb beside each one.
- I've only taken on one cake a week, but the cakes seem to be getting more detailed and complicated each time!
- I've been out for coffee, to the movies, over to friends' houses for supper and hosted a few suppers here.
- I've been menu-planning, grocery shopping, and cooking up a storm (and then, tackling the mountain of dishes as a result).
- I've been enjoying my wonderful kiddies and taking the time to really play with them and give them my full attention.
- I've been trying to take some time for me each day to run or Turbo Jam it up.
But, before you feel sorry for my blog, sitting all by his lonesome up there on the back burner, realize that he's not alone. He's in good hands, being kept company by my laundry.
Oh, the laundry that's been ignored. It's clean, no worries there. Because, you see, actually doing laundry, I have no problems with. Really - how hard is it to sort, throw it in the washer and then the dryer? Easy-peasy.
But the folding, hanging, sorting - that gets me every time. Plus I leave it until there's about 4 hampers full, so then it intimidates me. It's a mountain of laundry that wins the staring contest every morning as I quickly avert my eyes.
Ha! Perfect timing! Just as I'm typing this and the laundry-guilt is starting to take hold of my soul, I hear the cries of my son in the baby monitor.
Looks like the laundry wins again.
Ugh folding laundry... I always have about 3 baskets full of clean clothes as well. You are not alone. ;)
ReplyDeletelol! My laundry stays clean in hampers until we've picked it out and worn it all and then it's time to do laundry again. Then I don't have to put it away, lol! Although it looks terribly messy...
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of which, I'm almost out of clean underwear so I guess it's laundry time again in our house...
And I think it's awesome that you spend your time with your kids even if your blog gets lonely. We can wait to read your updates, but your kids are only young once!
you and me, dearie, sound very similar. The only reason my laundry got folded the same day as I took it out of the dryer was my SIL came over and started getting it done (and you know that every family has a specific way to fold clothes... she wasn't doing it "my" way but I got over it when she finished the job).
ReplyDeleteseriously what it is about folding and putting it all away. i hate it too. it's such a pain. i once saw on a show a woman who had a huge room with her washer/drawer and then it was organized as a family closet. everyones clothes in one room.. almost makes sense :)
ReplyDeleteOoohhh... Heather, that's a kind of cool idea.
ReplyDeleteMy laundry, too, sits in the dryer until I need the dryer again. Then it's all piled on top of the dryer, until there is too much to stay on. From there, it goes into the laundry basket, and sits there for some time. Eventually I run out of (previously) clean stuff, so this gets put away. The only thing I am good at is putting away my work clothes. They get the buzzer on the dryer and hung up right away. (Or at least laid flat so they don't wrinkle. Much.)