One year ago today (almost to the minute) you were born. We were so full of hopes and dreams, and yet oh so scared. We had no idea what to expect. Right from the beginning, you showed your personality. You are such an amazing little girl and every single day I am amazed by how overwhelming my love for you really is. I love how goofy you are and how you love making people smile. You aren't shy - you will go up to anyone.You walk so well now, and even run sometimes. This makes my life very busy. You love emptying the cupboards and playing in the pantry. You know what bowls and drawers I let you play in and you look right at me with a big grin when you reach for something you know you aren't supposed to have. Although you really don't say many words, you communicate your needs well by pointing and asking, "dat?" and you have a funny way of grunting your way through a conversation. You like mimicing grunting and coughing and fake laughing.
You are an adventurous girl. You love roughhousing and being tossed in the air. You really didn't like your infant swing, but much preferred daddy to swing you higher in your carseat. You love climbing on people and are starting to try to climb on things you know you shouldn't (like toys and the coffee tables.)
You love books. We have books in every room of the house for you. For months now, you will sit down with books and flip the pages for a long time. Your favorite books right now are "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss and "Things that Go." You love books that have flaps, so that you can look under each one.
You love playing peekaboo and will play it with anyone and anything. You've played peekaboo with the shower curtain, your soother, and books. You use sign language to say "more". You can play pattycake and you have waved hi and bye for a long time. Your favorite foods are zucchini, asparagus and cheese.
Your newest trick right now is to pull out whatever attempt I use to contain your hair. I can't use pony holders or clips, because you will pull them out right away. Then, you will constantly check to make sure I didn't sneak one back in. This is a tad frustrating because then your hair is in your eyes and covers your beautiful face. I know this is just a phase but I'd really like to do your hair!
You are so sweet. I love every moment of time that I get to spend with you. I look forward to watching you grow and develop into the special little girl that you are. You make me laugh so many times during the day. I often look at you and wonder how we are so blessed to have you.
Chelsea, I don't know what else to say right now. I love you more than the sky has stars. I love you more than the forests have trees. I love you more than I ever thought possible.
Happy Birthday beautiful girl.
that was beautiful. perfect!
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome tribute to C...you really are an amazing mom!!!!
ReplyDeletehow beautiful! What a lucky daughter she is.
ReplyDeleteBawling...Chelsea is very blessed to have you as her parents. You guys are awesome with her, and love her to pieces (obviously). Happy Birthday Chelsea!!
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome!
ReplyDeleteCan you print out those pictures as a collage?
ReplyDelete