Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

How long can we stretch out a weekend?

August 13 is my parents' 20th Wedding anniversary, so my sister planned a big surprise party. We headed out to GP on Friday - finally leaving Winkler around 2. Our van was so packed with stuff that I had to sit in the back seat and occupy myself, so I took pictures.

Friday night was a tangled web of lies. I had transported a cake to GP but needed to add the final touches. I had to get to my sister's to work on the cake, so we told my parents we were headed to Boston Pizza for a few drinks. Instead, we snuck over to Jen's, parked in the garage and went to work. When I got back to my parents, we lied about what we ate at BP and went to bed. The cake looked great, especially next to the awesome guest book (which my parents LOVED.)
Saturday morning, mom and I went to some garage sales and found the latest addition to Chelsea's park!! It can be set as a rocking toy, or a push ride on, or a trike! She LOVES it and I have a feeling the crowd that visit's C's park may like it too!


I was under strict instructions to bring Mom and Jerry to my sister's house for 2:30. It was 2:20 and I was about to try to lie again, when someone comes walking up the driveway with lawnchairs, chips, and a salad, asking, "Am I at the wrong house?" Well, seeing as how you are the only person here, I'm going to say... YES!
So the surprise was "ruined" but it worked out okay because then M&J were able to change into clothes they wanted to wear and adjust to the fact that they were about to be swarmed with people. PLUS I didn't have to lie anymore! It was cute watching them try to figure out what lies had been told and what had been the truth. I think the best part for them was seeing all 5 kids together at the same time - that rarely ever happens!

Jen had set up two kiddie pools. By the end of the afternoon, they were soooo muddy!

After the celebration, we sat around the fire, and then had a filling breakfast and Chris and I were off... without Chelsea. We left her with Grandma and Grandpa and headed to Clear Lake for two days and one night without Chelsea, and then she would join us for one night and day. It's been fun. We laid around on the beach then drove to The Keg in Brandon for supper. Today, Chris and I went on a trail ride, because Chris had never been on a horse.

Even though the ride was slow and well, kinda boring, he loved it!

And now, we are watching some TV, just relaxing, with Chelsea asleep in her playpen.

Now this has been a long, long post, just like my weekend. I've loved it!

5 comments :

  1. yada yada yada can you just come home already!!! no seriously glad you had a great time. you deserve it!! now hurry up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post and pictures - my favorites!! That water is soooo disgusting - I haven't emptied the pools yet, and am hoping to pick up the toys in the yard tonight. Once those get picked up, then I'll empty the pools and wash them out. I've been having a lot of down time right now, so now I need to get my butt in gear and tidy up. Plus, I need to get copies of your pictures of the anniversary from Mom and Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend. Love the new toy. I'm sure it will be well used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a full weekend!! BUT those kind of trips are so much fun...I love little summer trips...too bad I married a farmer eh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you once again. It was so great to see you and we really enjoyed having Chelsea have her first solo sleepover.

    ReplyDelete