Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Advice needed

Please tell me how you store your necklaces. I have lots of long ones, or big chunky ones, and they don't fit in my jewelry box - actually nothing really goes in my jewelery box except extra buttons.

I just want to know how you store your jewelery, especially chunky necklaces.

Do tell!

6 comments :

  1. Well, I have a really old house, where its okay to nail holes in the wall. So in my bathroom, on the side of my linen closet, I've nailed tiny nails into the wall. I hang the necklaces on there. Now since you have a new house, you probably don't want to do this. I'd suggest getting a large cork board and putting that on the wall. Then putting small nails in there to hang up all different sizes of jewelery. Just leave spaces in between the nails accordingly.
    ***Side note. I wouldn't recommend hanging it in the bathroom, although it is handy. But because a bathroom gets steamy, jewelery can get tarnished quickly. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have little hooks in my bathroom that i hang them on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just yesterday bought hooks at the dollar store with an adhesive back. As they are dollar store variety, I don't know how long they'll stick...but I stuck them to the wall of my walk in closet right behind the door. I spaced them so that wider ones would have room as well as longer ones. Funny you are trying to solve the same problem I just worked out this week! (Jennifer Loewen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to give credit to Arla who did this in her house first. I believe she put the hooks on the closet door. (J.L.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the smallest of a set of three straw baskets (special at Canadian Tire) on my dresser where I keep mine. Our daughter, nine, has a small pink mirror with three hooks on the wall in her room where she hangs hers (she has made a few since we did them at MOMs in Feb).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have many necklaces that wont fit in my jewlery box now, but before I had one of those multiple pegged hook things that people use to hang out ropes and sometime coats. It didnt look so great but it worked great

    ReplyDelete