Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pet peeves.

    This post may reveal that I am easily annoyed. Maybe I am... who knows? Just thought it'd be interesting to think of some things that irritate me easily.
  • people who randomly drive across parking lots. There are lines for a reason!!

  • people who choose not to signal when driving. If signalling were optional, you'd be able to buy cars without those fancy lights telling drivers what you are about to do. It isn't optional, so just reach out and click that stick and let's hear the tick, tick, tick as it signals.

  • telemarketing computers that know to call your house right when you are doing dishes, or changing the stinkiest bum ever.

  • using "l33t speak" or whatever the heck it's called. Bad grammar annoys me on one level, but those short cuts make me think way to hard when I am reading. My brain knows how to decipher written language as it is intended not... u, r, ur, y.. etc. I ALWAYS will read ur as "err" not your.

  • Further to the "l33t speak" what is the point of "wuz"? "Sally wuz here." It's not even shorter than "was". I just don't get it.

  • stinky dish cloths. Seriously. How can something that we use to clean with smell so bad, so quickly?

  • one ply toilet paper. Again I say, "seriously?" Do people actually think it's saving them money? We all know that when it's one ply, you just use three times as much. (This pet peeve is inspired by having to go back to school in Sept. I'm tempted to bring my own TP in my purse.)

  • people who stare. Enough said.

  • stubbing my toe. I think some people, mainly myself, were simply not meant to have toes. I have broken my second toe more times than I can count, because it is longer than my big toe and I'm constantly ramming it into things.
  • bad/rude service in a restaurant. I just have no tolerance for this for some reason. Maybe it's my years of experience as a server... I don't know. I just can't stand it.

That's it for now. What are some of your annoyance-creators?

4 comments :

  1. lmao...you are way to freaken funny!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I started reading and was thinking "that is so my list". Especially the driving applicable ones. I'd add to that pet peeve those impatient drivers who take the shoulder when someone is waiting to turn left on a busy road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with most of yours. My biggest pet peeve is when the kids forget what I said two seconds after I said it. ie. "Alex can you put away the rack and hose in the back yard so I can mow?" a few minutes later I walk inside and ask if he remembers what I asked of him - he responds with "I couldn't find the hoe."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all of these - especially the spelling ones. However, a few more pet peeves of mine are definately when:
    - customers come in and take 5 minutes to pick out lottery tickets. These are the customers that are in 1 - 5 times a day. They stand there and stand there and think and think and think, then get the same frigging tickets every time!
    - customers that ask me which tickets are the lucky ones. All tickets are about the same - about a 1 in 4 chance of winning. (Some are a one in 3.8, some are 5.1, but they're all basically a 1 in 4). If you're going to be stupid enough to ask me which tickets are lucky, then I'm going to direct you towards the tickets that I'm trying to get rid of.

    - the spelling thing. I know that I've already agreed on that, but it's such a HUGE pet peeve that I have to mention it. U C? What? Type proper. It's not that hard. That is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves.

    - I'm going with something small here. My gate to my fence. If it's closed when you get to it, close it after you've gone through it.

    Man, now you've got me going. Look what you got me into.

    ReplyDelete