Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Age is a funny thing.

Lately, I've realized that I've suddenly aged. It's not that I mind at all. I just feel like I woke up and looked around and I'm not 20 anymore.

Examples:
- I love tea. I especially love herbal tea. No milk or sugar - just tea.
- My favourite cereal is Fibre One - original. Just little tiny sticks of fibre goodness.
- I have recently discovered that I love dark chocolate. 90% Lindt. So good.
- Red wine is yummy. I really want a glass. Right now.
- I drink my coffee black.
- I have to watch my caffeine intake after say... 2 in the afternoon.
- I have ordered decaf coffee to enjoy after a supper out.
- We budget.
- I worry about RRSPs.
- I use day cream. I use night cream. I am trying to avoid more wrinkles. (note the "more")
- I drive an SUV.
- I've been married to Chris for over 6 years and with him for 8 of my 28 years.
- I don't like leaving my house. I love staying in.

However, in order to try to counter-balance this rapid aging realization, on Tuesday I am getting a procedure done that many 5 year olds also get done. That's right. On Tuesday, I'm getting tubes in my ears. For the 6th time. Sigh.

Hey. It's 10:04. Time for bed!

6 comments :

  1. I hear you on some of those things. 10:04 is a good time to start to head to bed. I have to try to read before sleeping, otherwise my mind sometimes won't shut off.

    Of course, as I write this, it's 1:48 am and I'm going to do a bit more work on the computer before heading to bed. My mind is tightly wound right now by some news (as you can imagine), and I know that reading won't slow things down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I can totally relate. At least you're only 28 though - in about six months I'll be turning the big 3-0! Ack! I feel so old!

    Dark chocolate is the best! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of those! Except i'll have to try that Fiber One cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny post.
    I actually related to quite a few of those points. Uh-oh! I still feel like I'm in my early 20's and sometimes panic when I realize how close to 30 I really am... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also love alot of these things that you love..lindt dark chocolate..yummmmm. I will be praying for you on tuesday and i hope it goes well, if you have extra time to go for supper let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEK black coffee and fiber one...maybe by the time I am your age... :D

    ReplyDelete