Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Miss Sunshine.

This post is all about my sweet little girl. At least, I'm trying to remind myself that she is sweet. There are moments each day when I remember this, but sometimes I just get caught up in her misbehaviour, whining, and screaming for daddy and wonder what happened to my sweet little girl.

I found her "playing games." Usually, this room is closed so she can't get in the games, but someone Chris left the door open and chaos ensued. She had Scrabble, 2 versions of Settlers, poker chips and Uno cards all over the floor. Good thing Daddy cleaned up that one!

I often think she misbehaves because she's bored, so I've bought a lot of craft stuff, colouring stuff, painting and playdough to occupy her. The problem with this is that I need to sit with her and do it, when the whole time I'm thinking about other stuff I could be doing. I really do need to learn to live in the moment with her, as time is passing quickly!
We play dress up. I am hoping to get a few more costumes now that Halloween is over. She loves dressing up!

We snuggle.
This was a fun day for me. Chelsea was playing with good old fashioned wooden blocks, when I noticed that she was only stacking matching colours! She had separated all the colours and was building matching towers. The teacher in me was very impressed!

She loves putting stickers on herself, rather than paper. She actually wore a sticker on her belly under her shirt for 2 days, before finally soaking it off in the tub. Now, there is a dark patch on her belly from the adhesive, but she won't let me scrub it off.

She loves helping with EVERYTHING. This was helping daddy and mommy with a cake. Yes, some cakes do involve measuring tapes, glue guns, styrofoam and metre sticks.

And if you are one of my FB friends, you'll know I recently posted about my love for Kraft Peanut Butter. Looks like I'm not the only one!!

Now, Chelsea has had super high fevers for the last 5 days or so. It's sad. She's so beat and not her usual upbeat self. She finally had the energy to go to the park this morning, and kept telling me she "had too much icecream" and that she was too tired to run up the hill. Poor girl.
Then this afternoon, she went down at 1:15 for her nap, and we finally woke her at 5:30. This is what we found.
Get well soon, little girl! I miss the happy Chelsea!

4 comments :

  1. I love these kinds of posts, especially living so far away.

    Poor Chelsea. I hope she gets better soon... 5 days is a long time to have a fever. But if she had enough energy to go to the park, even for a bit, that's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat was a great post. She is so funny, and imaginative it's neat to see what she all comes up with! I hope she's feeling back to normal soon too...that looks like no fun at all. Get better cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like lots of fun. What a sweet girl. I hope she feels better soon, it's no fun being sick. I can totally relate to this post, I too am trying to learn to live more in the moment with Lara. It's hard when life is so busy and there is so much to do, but I'm trying! It's nice to know I'm not the only mom dealing with this. Oh, and btw - kraft pb is the best! I love it too. My fave way is to spread it on a whole wheat wrap and wrap it around a banana. Best breakfast ever. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, get better soon. I can't stand how sick she looks. she makes a beautiful princess. She is growing so fast

    ReplyDelete