Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cake Wreck!

We knew it would happen someday. Luckily enough, I try to give myself lots of time to do each cake. I had just finished shaping and stacking a cake when I had to go get Chelsea from her nap. I came back downstairs and saw that it had slid over.


I lifted the top two layers off (the giant dome part) which was resting on its own cardboard piece, and found this.

Great. There was no salvaging the cake. I quickly rebaked and cooled the cakes, re-stacked it a little differently and no one was ever the wiser.

So, shhhh let's keep this one our little secret, mmm kay?

5 comments :

  1. And what did you do with all that cake? I'm glad I wasn't there, because I would have pigged out on it. That's not bad, really. Your first cake wreck in a year and a half of caking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigging out, not quite. But I did actually eat some. The rest I put in an icecream pail and froze and am giving to a friend of mine today. I don't even really like marble cake, but this was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could take a stab at it...would i guess which friend??? lol

    I agree...pretty good being the first cake wreck! Turned out great though the second time 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! I love the end results of THAT ONE!!!! Beautiful piece or work!! I bet the cake wreck tasted just wonderful mmmmmmmm goodness.

    ReplyDelete