Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Martha ain't got nothin' on me.

Yesterday, Chelsea wanted to start decorating for "kiss'em", so we headed over to "Grandma's Dollar" (or Dollarama, as you may know it) and bought some Christmas decorations.

I always love the cool wreathes I see, but can never bring myself to spend $20 or more on a wreathe. I liked this wreathe, but it was definitely lacking, so I pulled out the old glue gun and went to town. I stacked two wreathes on top of each other and added some silver glittery sticks.
Before and after pictures....

I like it! And it cost me $3!


And I have to mention that we did our outside Christmas decorating while I was wear a sweater and flip flops. I am LOVING this weather!

I'm excited about another PVO find. I bought this desk to put downstairs to use as a sewing desk. I might do some refinishing on it once I'm done the door/headboard.

(That's the PVO ad picture, just in case you were wondering where I have such a lovely shade of shag.)

Oh and I'm dreaming of this table and chairs set. It seemed a lot more do-able before we got an income tax bill in the mail yesterday for $570. Apparently something was claimed twice. I don't know, but it made me kind of sad. Oh well, someday this will be in my kitchen - I hope!



I should go enjoy the sunshine though. Gavin slept in until 9 and Chris and Chelsea are both still sleeping. What a great start to a Saturday! Have a great day!



5 comments :

  1. The wreath is awesome!

    And I love "Grandma's Dollar" and am glad to see "Kiss-em" is still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I still your great ideas??? lol I feel the same way about Christmas decorations...plus in our tiny house I really have nowhere to put more stuff. But your wreath looks awesome! I love it!

    Nice table and chairs :) Hope you get your wish sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to steal the idea! Hey I'm all about being cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I read this I went to the famous dollarama and got a pile of stuff to make my own wreath. I love it! I could never justify spending like 30 bucks only to have it hang on my door, yet I love wreathes. Thanks Amanda for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete