I'm nervous. It's not that I'm scared of the dentist or pain or anything, I just don't like it when I don't know the outcome. It's like being given a pop quiz when you haven't studied. Will I pass the test, or will I have cavities?
Plus, the bill at the end is never fun. Why is it that I can spend a day at the spa for $300 and have people gasp, but spend an hour at the dentist, spend the same and people understand. It's a sad world, people.
i love going to the dentist, i know i am twisted
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! I'm not laughing at your fear, I'm laughing because the dentist called us to see if Walter could make the appointment due to a cancellation. I had to say no because it didn't suit his workplace... so really it's my fault that you had to go. Sorry?
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean by dentist bills. We'll be paying their salaries the way it's looking with future root canals for my poor hunny.
Does any of your insurance cover that? How did you make out?
ReplyDeleteA clean bill of health! No cavities or any concerns. Sadly, $168 poorer though.
ReplyDeleteDo you not have health benefits when you are on mat leave? Good work that is pretty impressive for having not going for 4 years! I love the dentist and go every time the insurance resets (every 9 months) but Chris has only gone 2x in 4 years and that is with it being close to free. He has never had a cavity but he really hates it for some reason.
ReplyDeleteHas Chelsea been? I was told I should bring Caleb in any day now but I doubt I will I can only imagine it takes me 10 mins to brush his 8 teeth at home!
Cortney, I have health benefits while on mat leave, but we never had dental or eyewear. It's not included in our package as teachers.
ReplyDeleteI was told yesterday to bring Chelsea when she is between 3-5, so I'm not sure why they would say to bring Caleb in yet.
Wow, that is really sucky! Sorry.
ReplyDeleteI don't know I think it depends on the dentist. The American Pediatric Dentists say to take them as soon as they get their first tooth or at age 1 at the latest. I am sure I was 5-6 when I first went.
Wow great work on the 'pop quiz'! lol Seems you passed. I was at the dentist yesterday repairing the teeth that gave me a big 'F' on my test! Not fun...
ReplyDeleteTalia's only 18 months and she's already getting call-backs to go in for her second appointment, ha ha. There's a place in Winnipeg that does free check-ups for kids under 3. I kind of thought her first appointment was a waste of time, but I guess it's worth it if they find any problems.
ReplyDelete