Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

EY's first taste

Everything this guy has ever known was blown wide open when he was introduced to food a few days ago. His first taste, he was a little unsure...
 
 But then he was grabbing the spoon hand and forcing it in. Needless to say, he is definitely a fan! Chelsea was so excited to finally be able to feed him. She's been a little sad that I breastfeed and she can't just give him a bottle.
(Sidenote: how amazing is Chelsea's hair? Is it wrong that I'm jealous of my 5 year old daughter's hair? I want long hair!)

I read the book Baby-led Weaning so we are trying something new with giving him bigger foods and allowing him to learn and play with and chew his food. Now I know the Baby-led way is no purees or cereal, but we aren't there yet, but we are having fun! I love watching him try to figure out how to hold a banana without squishing it or dropping it.

Those eyes really are huge. :)
 Mmm... potatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli. It's like a Christmas Day feast.
 He really loves broccoli. It's easy to hold and get pieces off. He's been having so much fun at mealtimes now. He eats everything.
 and I mean everything!

1 comment :