Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The real reason we went to Florida.

Alright, so by now, most of you have figured out that our vacation to Florida wasn't actually a vacation. Sure, we visited Sea World, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney, but for the other 6 days, we were at a chiropractor's office in Florida.

Yup. We took our whole family down to see a chiropractor in Florida. Crazy, right?

Yup. I know. This is why we didn't tell many people that we were going. It was crazy, even to us.

I really should give a bit of a back story. When Gavin was diagnosed with all his food sensitivities, I felt helpless and overwhelmed. He seemed to be getting sicker and sicker. He had really dark purple under eye circles, a sign that his body was working hard, all the time. He napped for 3 hours every afternoon and still went to bed at 7 pm. As much as I enjoyed this long nap, I knew this wasn't normal for a 3.5 year old. He was itchy all the time, scratching at an invisible rash until he bled. He complained of a sore tummy all the time and had diarrhea more often than not. Sometimes he would just lay on the couch and cry because he was in so much pain. It was impossibly hard. I felt so helpless.

We'd heard about Dr. Fuller from close friends of ours who had visited him a few years ago. A few of my dieters had also been to Florida to be treated, so we had heard about Dr. Fuller for a few years, from a few different people. After Gavin was diagnosed, I had three different people mention him to me, so we took that as a sign, prayed about it and decided that this was something we needed to do. It all happened really fast. It was a big leap, but we knew if we didn't go, we'd always wonder, "what if..."

Because we flew with Allegiant, our flight options were limited to Saturdays and Wednesdays. We decided to go from Jan 12-23. We actually wound up leaving on Jan 11 and spent the night in Grand Forks just to be sure that we wouldn't miss our flight because of the huge snow storm that was predicted to hit. I'm glad we went with our gut feelings on this one, because it was pretty nasty driving.

I was a little, okay a lot, worried about the flight. I wasn't sure how the children would fly, and I don't fly well because my ears hurt. But, thanks to many prayers from people, the flight was fantastic. The kids were all amazing and I couldn't have asked for better. We even had people commenting on how great our children were.
We had some free time on Sunday so we hit up Sea World, but Monday through Thursday, and then the following Monday and Tuesday, we spent our time at this place.
In addition to being an amazing chiropractor, Dr. Fuller tests, treats and eliminates allergies, among other things. Check out his website here. The treatments happen once an hour so the first few days were pretty intense. Since we had made the trip, we decided everyone in the family would be tested and treated so the first couple of days were spent sitting in the office. We didn't really get any breaks to be outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was pretty exhausting, actually.
Now, the testing and treatments all sound pretty hokey and I realize this, but really, it was so easy. He used muscle testing to determine allergies and then used acupressure to eliminate them. It seemed so easy that it was impossible to believe. Gavin was treated for milk allergy and then Dr. Fuller said "Alright, go eat some ice cream!" We couldn't believe it was that easy. But it was!
I'll go into a bit of detail. Dr. Fuller has a large sample of allergen specimens in little tiny vials. You simply have to hold or touch a vial and he tests your body's reaction to the specimen. If you react, he treats you while you are holding the specimen. The treatment usually is just acupressure which means he manipulates a few spots (behind your knees, elbows and temples). That's it. Crazy easy.
 
But it has been amazing. Gavin's rash instantly disappeared. We've had no more tummy issues. He has lots of energy and he's my happy guy again. Dr. Fuller even treated Gavin for his speech difficulties. Gavin was diagnosed by his speech therapist as having low tongue strength. Dr. Fuller tested the nerves that communicate between the tongue and the brain and found that they didn't work well so he used laser therapy on him, and we noticed improvement almost instantly. Crazy good! I've been amazed at his speech this week.
 
Dr. Fuller actually helped me tremendously as well with my allergies and hormonal stuff and even emotional stuff. It's amazing how great I've been feeling. I know I've used the word amazing a lot this post, but it's so true. We just can't get over how great our time was. Life changing. Hope giving.
It was so interesting to talk to Dr. Fuller about his previous patients and everything that he has been able to help with. I am such a believer that he can help everyone. The great thing is if you are interested even in the slightest in going to see him, give him a call. He will answer so quickly and makes you feel like you are his only patient. If you have any questions or want to chat a bit about whether or not Dr. Fuller can possibly help you, contact me! I want to give others the chance to improve their quality of life too.
 
Anyways, there you have it. Our Florida 2013 trip. I know we did hit up Disney and SeaWorld, but to us it will always be the Dr. Fuller trip.
(Dr. Fuller and my two munchkins. Also - the amazing Abby.)


12 comments :

  1. I love this Amanda. I am TOTALLY for treating ailments naturally and not always relying on doctors and prescriptions and just "living with it". I am SO thankful for your family and that your little boy is happy and healthy once again. I seriously smiled throughout this post. You deserved to be blessed - enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, SO great! Praise God. I'm really happy for your family and the AMAZING results you've experienced!
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is incredible!! I'm so glad you posted, I will be filing this away in case we ever need it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you never do, but at the same time, it's so nice to know there is hope!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a successful trip on all accounts. Great results, great family time and lots of memories

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and that ice cream cone looks delicious:)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that your trip was successful on many accounts. What an experience for all of you! So sweet how even the receptionist bonded with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. sounds amazing! We have lots of allergies in our home. Three of us are lactose intolerant and one of our daughters is so terribly allergic to grass she can hardly be outside in the summer. For two winters she was stuffed up all winter too, then we realized it was because we were using straw as bedding for our dog. I totally want to know more if you are willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read your post on Dr. Fuller. I have been in contact with him and he was very helpful with answering my questions. I've dealt with anxiety, low energy and hormonal issues for many years and we've tried many things without finding much relief. I saw that you had been treated for hormonal issues and emotional issues - sounds like me - and that you had found help through Dr.Fuller. I'm wondering how things are now 8 months later. I'd like to know if the results you felt in the beginning are still there now. It's always nice to know if going far from home to be treated will have lasting results because you can't go back all the time to get help:) I know of someone else that went but they were treated for different issues than mine. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm hoping that you get to read this - I'm not sure how to respond to anonymous comments. Feel free to email or FB me if you have any other questions. 8 months later, we are still doing great. Gavin is still absolutely allergy free. We have done a few touch ups, when he started to show signs of possibly having an allergy, we simply treated him ourselves. As for me, I've been feeling absolutely great. I've had no set backs or anything!

      Delete