Chelsea was given a gift card to Clay Owl Studio for Christmas. It's a paint your own pottery place that just opened up in town. I wasn't sure if she'd have the attention span to sit for a few hours and paint, but she did great.
Of course, we did bring one of our favourite neighbours along.
We grabbed our Jonny's smoothies and painted the afternoon away. Chelsea was Little Miss Social, as usual. She would wander around, complimenting people on their artwork and asking "Miss Corrie" a million questions. And she even managed to paint a really cute owl mug.
This was my second time there and I loved it even more than the first. I'm super proud of my artwork! It started as a plain white plate. I blended six colours together to make the background and then handpainted a tree. Here's the process and then then fired product!
I totally recommend you checking this place out. It's great for kids or for a girls' night out. I know we'll definitely be frequent customers!

so fun! I used to go to a ceramics class in downtown Morden a few years back... like 12 years ago. I LOVED it. It was so relaxing, and I loved being able to make a mess outside of my own home. My dad still has a ceramic fox that I painted. This is exactly something I would love to do with Delilah one day. By the way, your plate looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteAwesome - I'm glad you all had such a great time!
ReplyDeleteYour plate is incredible! Love it!
ReplyDelete