Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

These are a few of my favourite things...


Contrary to the first 9 months of her life, Chelsea loves her soother. Her latest thing is that when she goes to sleep, she wants one in her mouth and one in each hand. Throughout the day, she collects them. She finds them all around the house and carries them around. I took these from her just to take the picture. She's pretty cute because I'll ask her to hand me her soother and she will, only to stick another one from her stash in her mouth. Today, she climbed up on a chair by the table, just to reach over and get the two "soos" I had put on the table.
When is the right time to take something that she loves so much away? I like the soother right now. She is so happy when she has it and she's teething pretty hardcore right now and it helps her. When she is upset or crying, the soo takes all that away. I like it.
Will I still like it when she's 5?
We'll see.

6 comments :

  1. I love this picture, with her reaching for these. Especially since that I know darn well that you only had them away from her long enough to take the picture!!! (I'm kind of surprised that she's not crying, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - yeah - I had two soother boys. Aidan used his for bedtime only after 2...but till 4 1/2. Scary. Thought he'd be going to Kindergarten with it ;) Tyrel only started when he was 9 months, but just like Chelsea had to always have three - especially in the van. one for each hand, and one in the mouth. He also only used his for bedtime after 2, but was done at 3 1/2. I'd say if it's working...why take it away???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son Caden is the same way. GOtta have one in his hands to go to sleep. Its his security item, where most kids have a blanket or a stuffed animal. He's only 14 months, so I'm not too concerned about taking away the suckie, though he does only have it for naps and night. Probably by 2 it'll be done all together. But I hear ya about them loving it. His eyes just light up when he sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece had a soother for each finger! LOL

    As for the doors on our house, AMEN. I'm not a disorganized person as my future house seems to display. This is why I'm losing my sanity. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had three soother babies. But for each we only had one soother in the house - that causes issues on it's own (what if we loose this one - up the creek with no paddle). My baby (two in Sept) was the toughest because he wouldn't even let me buy him a new soother to replace the old one. I bought several that were exactly like the one he had 'lost' and he would not expect them. Thank goodness we managed to find it again and again. And, he wasn't willing to throw his in the garbage as my other two soother babies did at 1 1/2. I snipped the end of his and he was so sad (I actually wished at that moment that I could undo what I had done) because his 'love' was no longer the same and he handed it over to me and went to bed without.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAhhhh the sookie as we call it at our house, all the kids had one except Bronwyn.
    Declan had his until about 2 and a half but only for nights and nap and then we slowly started to cut the end off more and more each day until it was gone....lol Emma we did the same but just cut it short right aways...lol
    They are a wonderful thing though.

    ReplyDelete