I love blogging, and check so often during the day to see who has updated and I must say, you guys need to update more!
However, I know the pendulum swings two ways and so I try to update often too. Not much interesting has been going on lately just getting ready to go back to work. Rather than blogging about that not so happy event, I will leave you with an interesting saga that continues in my household.
I was given a ceramic dog statue for my birthday. The thought was sweet, but it really wasn't suited to my house decor. However, my beautiful daughter fell in love with it and would carry it around, kiss it and share her "soo" with it. Despite my efforts (a few times) to share the love and pass the dog onto a more loving family, he returned (even into my bed). Well, the other day, C took Doggie outside and well, silly neglectful me, forgot to bring him back inside. I was absolutely devasted to come outside in the morning and discover that Doggie had a boo-boo.
Upon closer inspection, we determined perhaps it was time to put Doggie down.
I was sad, yes, but deep down I knew that Doggie would be much happier in a field chasing bunnies in imaginary Doggie heaven.
However, my husband would have none of that. He knew Chelsea loved this Doggie so much and couldn't bear to put her through the pain of losing her friend. It truly was Daddy (and ducktape) to the rescue.
He had some help, of course.
And, you know, maybe Daddy was right. This girl had to smile when she saw her Doggie wearing his new jacket.
However, I'm still convinced that perhaps this isn't the best home for Doggie. We're still searching for Doggie's true home, perhaps a home with little boys to play with. Boys and dogs go hand in hand...
don't you dare!!! would you really want to break your daughters heart like that?
ReplyDeleteLOL! I totally agree...but only twin boys and doggies ;)
ReplyDeleteDaddy to the rescue.... Chelsea looks so impressed.
ReplyDeletehaha! I had seen that last picture somewhere and wondered about the dog. It's not really you. Then I had to wonder about the duct tape.
ReplyDeleteThis is too funny!! You can't break Chelsea's heart, though!
I like that the dog even ended up back in your bed!
LOL that's a great story...so sweet of daddy to rescue doggie!! I'm sure C is very happy to have doggie back in good shape...just too bad for you I guess. Gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that! hehe
ReplyDeleteOh my this is a sweet little story....lol
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to share this with us.