Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stuffed with fluff

Today has been a good day, but not as good as yesterday. Yesterday was a great day. What made it so great, you ask? Well, let me tell you... (Feel free to pause and grab a cup of coffee - we all know I can be long winded).

Yesterday, Chris and I arranged a babysitter for Chelsea and a playdate for Maggie. (Oh Jennifer, if we ever do decide to exchange Maggie for a non-shedding version, Old Neighbour Kim has asked for her too!) Now, leaving Chelsea is a huge deal for me - HUGE. Too huge actually. The longest I have ever left her was to go to dinner and a movie, so about 3.5 hours. It's been hard because I still nurse her and she wouldn't take a bottle. But I decided it was time.

So nervously I handed her off to my friend and away we went. It was seriously exciting. We even stopped at Tim's so I could collect my roll-up-the-rim prize (that's right Heather - PRIZE) of an extra large coffee with Splenda and milk. Mmmm...

When we get to Winnipeg, we stop off at Costco for a day pass tour and I quickly decide that shopping at Costco should be done with a female and not my husband. He really wasn't too interested. My thing was I couldn't find any Pampers - only Huggies. What's up with that?

After that, we went to Home Depot to return our vanity that we had bought, and toured the kitchen displays... oh to have money. Then we went to The Keg. Heaven. Seriously. It was so great. SOOO good. Filet Mignon. Plus we ate slowly, enjoyed the conversation, and didn't have to pick up even one toy thrown on the floor. It was amazing.

Then off to buy some vitamins, only to discover that the store was closed. Ooops. 20 minute drive for nothing. Then, and mom will appreciate this, I made Chris take me to Value Village to buy some books for Chelsea. They had a ton of good ones. We actually wound up buying her 30+. I know, I'm bad, but I just can't resist buying her a ton of books. She loves them already. I can even justify the purchase by saying that I didn't buy her any clothes this time.

But I did buy me clothes. We stopped so Chris could check Future Shop for a Wii, so I dashed over to Old Navy where I proceeded to frollick through the aisles (sorry - practicing my active verbs for when I start teaching again.) I was so pumped about some of my recent changes, that I allowed myself to buy one pair of pants (at a smokin' deal) and a shirt. Hooray! (I've already warned Chris that in a few months, there will be a major dent in our bankaccount as I splurge on some new things. I'm preparing him in advance.)

Then, home to hear all about Chelsea's great day. She barely fussed and she took a bottle of whole milk with no problem! Yay! Plus we were gone for 8 hours, so now I don't feel quite so bad about picking up some subbing shifts soon, because I know she'll be okay.

Sigh. What a great day.
Oh, and did I mention Chelsea slept through the night again?

Bliss.

No comments :

Post a Comment