Tonight has been a good night. I cleaned, cuddled with Chelsea, watched American Idol, made a healthy batch of brownies (made from black beans... they are better than they sound), and Chris is downloading all of the videos off our video camera, so soon I can post some videos soon.
I like posting daily, but some days I don't have much to say. If you know me at all though, that never stops me from talking.
What can I say today? Last night after yoga, I realized I had left my waterbottle in the SUV. I didn't really think much about it though, knowing that I'd be going back to the gym in the morning, and the water would be frozen - no biggie. However, what I didn't anticipate was that the water bottle lid wasn't quite on all the way and so it slowly leaked all over the passenger seat until the water in the bottle eventually froze.
Good times. This means that I will stand outside tomorrow with my blowdryer in attempts to thaw and then dry my passenger seat. This wouldn't even be so bad if the vehicle fit into the garage, but it doesn't. Soon and very soon I hope, our basement will be done and everything will return to normal.
I can't stand chaos.
It's okay if you don't have much to say, I enjoy reading your thoughts and love that you come to check in on me. As to answer your question about Ariel's birth - they were not available around here. I had a cousin who used a midwife from Winnipeg but they had to pay for the birth and it had to be at home since it was not under health care (no way would my husband go for home birth). This cousin of mine (his wife) has had six children at home, four or five of them completely unassisted (no midwife there). Life changed for me between Ariel and Celena - we made some serious changes as far as health went, spiritually I grew and I had a desire to have a more 'natural' birth. I would love to have birth Josiah at home (I dreamed that maybe it would go so fast that the midwife would make it just in time but we would have no time to head to the hospital - so much for that!) but God has other plans, he knew about the cord around Josiah's neck and if he had been born at home, too quickly, he may not have made it. Did you have a midwife?
ReplyDeleteNo. I did things a lot differently than I had wanted. Originally I had wanted a midwife, but things just didn't work out. I wound up being induced for 4 days and then having a c-section. Next time, I'm seriously considering a midwife, and a doula, but probably still birthing at a hospital. I'm not sure I'm ready to birth at home after my last birthing experience, and I'm sure my husband wouldn't go for that!
ReplyDelete